NINE

MICHONNE CONTINUED TO STARE at the man on the other side of the fence

MICHONNE CONTINUED TO STARE at the man on the other side of the fence. The biters beside her snarled and ignored her, each one reaching their hands through the fence.

Her face scrunched in pain and she brought her hand down to clutch the aching wound on her leg. She brought her hand back up to clutch the gate so she wouldn't lose balance, but the biter beside her smelled the delicious blood.

The pale body beside her growled and turned his attention towards the dark skinned woman. Michonne immediately backed off and stood in front of Adira.

All the biters turned around and began limping their way towards the women.

Michonne took out her katana and Adira took out her knife. Their backs were against each other, Michonne leaned slightly on the shorter girl.

"Should we help them?" A kids voice asked from inside the gates.

The man watched as Michonne sliced a few heads off and stumbled a bit. The older woman dropped her bag and tried slicing another head off but fell backwards, almost taking Adira down with her.

Her vision began fading and the last thing she saw was Adira circling around her, killing the creatures who tried getting her.

The teen continued stabbing biters in the head while Michonne laid unconscious. Soon enough a few gunshots rang and the gate opened.

A little boy ran and grabbed the cart of baby formula and ran back inside. The blue eyed man walked towards Adira with his gun up. He kicked Michonne's sword away.

"Hands up." He ordered, still holding his gun up. "Drop the knife."

Adira hesitantly dropped her knife and held her hands up lazily. A boy around two years older than her walked up to them and pointed his rifle at the girl while the blue eyed man searched Michonne.

"Is she bit?" An old man with crutches asked from behind the gates.

The blue eyed man lifted her shirt up slightly, checking her. His eyes then turned towards the teen, silently asking her.

The girl slowly shook her head and the man continued searching the dark skinned woman before stopping at her leg. "Gunshot." He told the old man.

He pulled Michonne over his shoulder and began carrying her inside. "Mitch bring her in." He called out.

The boy beside her pushed her forward with the barrel of his gun. The group all walked inside the prison and the boy laid a blanket down on the floor.

"Beth, water and a towel." He ordered the blonde girl beside him. She quickly ran over and grabbed the things for him.

"Here?" The small boy asked his father.

"She's not coming the cell blocks." He stated before laying Michonne on the ground. He thanked the Beth before pouring water over Michonnes chest, trying the cool her off.