SEVENTEEN

◤◢◣◥◤ ◢◣◆◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

◣◥◤◢◣ ◥◤◆◥◤◢◣◥◤◢

◣◥◤◢◣ ◥◤◆◥◤◢◣◥◤◢

"Thinking will not overcome fear."

That morning, Adira woke up with an aching tailbone and legs that had fallen asleep. Her arms were no longer shivering, alrhough she could feel the hairs on her left arm raise.

Her head quickly snapped to the left in fear of whoever was there. To her relief, it was only Mitch's arm covered by his light brown jacket that was resting on her arm.

She looked around the room that was dimly lit by the light outside. There was a small paper note on her empty bed.

Went with Rick and Carl for supplies. Better give
me details as to why Mitch is drooling on your shoulder.

love, Michonne

It was almost impossible to remove Mitch's head from her shoulder. It now came to her why she had this tickling feeling on her cheek the whole night. His hair had gotten a bit longer and shaggier since the first time she saw him. The dark brown mess had been poking her cheek.

A small smile itched its way to her face. The whole night was filled with content. Mitch had the biggest resting bitch face on earth. But he was the sweetest and a very anxious person. She thought that maybe she finally made a friend here. Other than Michonne of course. Adira wanted to stay with Rick and his people. They were all loyal to each other and she craved loyalty.

When she walked out of her cell, everyone was on watch except Beth who walked upstairs and held the baby. Adira chewed on a few mint leaves that Maggie insisted on growing. She spent the day outside beside Glenn who wasn't much of a talker. He would only tell her to focus on everything and the smallest sounds.

Michonne was gone for a few hours but when she returned she gave Adira half of a peanut butter protein bar. The day went on fast and soon enough it was nighttime again. This time, Mitch didn't come into her cell. He stayed next to his mom and wrapped an arm around her bare shoulders.

The day after, everyone's mind was running. Rick, Daryl, Mitch, and Hershel had left with a few guns to go somewhere. Adira hadnt been paying much attention and later asked Michonne for a brief summary.

The rest of the group was loading guns and stashing ammo around the prison. Adira had stolen a gun holster from a walker and strapped her new gun to her thigh. She had around 25 handmade arrows ready on her bed along with her bow. She already sharpened all four knives and tucked them around her clothes.