FORTY FOUR

Rick had eventually stated that it was time to finally settle in

Rick had eventually stated that it was time to finally settle in. Adira took the last room with Michonne while Mitch had to haul two mattresses into Carls room after both of them refused to share a bed with Minho.

Adira's room wasn't big or small. There was a full size bed in the middle with a desk on the side next to a large window. The bathroom connecting to the room was small, holding just a normal shower, toilet, and one person sink.

It was a cute room, and if Deanna let Adira go out, she's probably bring tons of supplies to decorate.

The idea of a party was not something Adira was very fond of. Michonne practically had to force her into a nice pair of jeans, a new blouse, and with Rositas help, they styled her hair.

"What do you think?" Rosita asked as Adira stood in front of the full body mirror while she and Michonne stood behind her.

Adira scowled and tried rubbing the piece of mascara that had gotten in her eye away, but her hand was slapped by Rosita. "I look weird. I look like a teenage girl."

"You are a teenage girl." Rosita shot back and added more highlighter to Adira's inner corners and tried smoothing out the concealer under her eyes.

She didn't look bad. In fact, she liked how she looked. She had never worn makeup— "where did you even get this? We're like three years into hell, this makeup is probably expired."

"Makeup expires?" Minho stuck his head through the doorway and stared at her. "You look weird." Rosita and Michonne sent him a glare, "I-I mean you really good, sis." He gave her a thumbs up and ran away.

"It's not expired. It was never opened and I found it in a mini fridge." Rosita explained and tugged softly at the ends of Adira's hair. "You look perfect. You look so beautiful." Rosita smiled and kissed her cheek.

Rosita herself was wearing a black dress that was tight on the top and flowed down to her thighs. There was a thin grey sweater over her shoulders, her black hair was parted to the side and pulled into a low bun. She looked perfect, and the hoops on her ears really pulled the look together.

Michonne had her dreads down and pulled away from her face with a headband. She had thrown a random striped tshirt over her torso and a new pair of jeans.

They walked to Deanna's house just as the sun was beggining to set. The doors opened and Adira was surprised to see how many people were actually here from her group yet she felt like she was intruding something special.

For a while, she stood next to the main doors, watching people go in and the room was becoming hotter by the minute. It was loud and she hoped the walkers weren't on their way over to—

"Hey, you doing okay?" A boy a few inches shorter than her stood next to her. His name was Ron, she remembered Carl talking to Minho about him.

"Uh... yeah I'm good." She replied, relaxing her face with a small kind smile, hoping he'd go away.