THIRTY SIX

That morning, Bob died and was buried

That morning, Bob died and was buried. Sasha wanted to do it, but the pain of losing a loved one was too harsh. It was a good thing she had her brother, someone who cared so deeply for her and would do anything for her. It made Adira incredibly jealous. She remembered the time she was five and sobbing on her parents bed; begging them to let her have a sibling.

Abraham and Rick talked outside with the rest of the group. They would be leaving in less than ten minutes and she didn't know how to feel. How to say goodbye.

It finally came to her and with much thought she pulled Mitch in the pantry.. She had no idea what to say.

"So you're really leaving?" Mitch asked with a soft voice. The corners of his lips were turned down as he chewed on the inside of his cheek.

Adira pursed her lips and nodded. "I just wanted to say goodbye." Mitch silently nodded before pulling her into a hug.

The hug was comforting. After everything she's been through, she felt somewhat okay. She felt unexpectedly safe in his arms. She wanted to stay there forever and never let go.

When they finally let go, Adira took the hold of his face and brought him down and smashed his lips against hers. Her hands were at the back of his neck while one of his tangled itself in her long dark hair that used to be in a braid. His other hand clutched her waist and pulled her closer.

If she were to die while saving the world, atleast she got to kiss her crush.

They both felt nothing but butterflies fluttering throughout their bodies. Their lips moved together in sync, like they were made for this. And when they finally pulled away, their lips were slightly red and plump.

"I'll find you." Adira whispered as her green eyes stared into his whiskey ones. Mitch brought a hand to the back of her head and kissed her forehead softly. "I know you will."

When the two returned outside, Minho was the first to come up to them. "I just wanted to say goodluck." He nodded his head and fidgeted with his fingers. "And even though I don't know you that well, you're kind of like my sister." He hesitantly patted her shoulder.

Adira smiled and Mitch stiffled a laugh. "Thanks Minho." She grabbed his arm and pulled him into a hug. The boy froze but eventually closed his eyes and hugged her back.

A whistle broke them broke their hug and they all looked up to see Abraham nodding his head at the girl. "Let's go, Bambi."

Adira took one last look at the boys before making her way over to Rick. "Thank you, for everything."

"No. Thank you, Adira." Rick shook his head and let a small smile grow on his face. Although Rick and her had never really had a conversation, he saved her. And he made her stronger. So with a matching smile, she hugged him. And he hugged her back.

"Where's my hug?" Adira turned to see Michonne standing right beside them. She smiled and threw herself at the woman. Michonne sighed contently and hugged her tightly. "My god, you've grown so much." She softly muttered, breathlessly into her dark hair.