FORTY TWO

After many long minutes, Michonne managed to convince Rick to take a small group and see if Aaron was telling the truth

After many long minutes, Michonne managed to convince Rick to take a small group and see if Aaron was telling the truth. He said they had two cars, big enough to take all 17 of them.

Michonne, Maggie, Glenn, Rosita, Abraham, and Mitch went together. Rick gave them sixty minutes to check it out and come back before the rest went.

When the group returned, everyone grew a smile. They had multiple cans of food and drinks to last the group a couple of months.

"This, this is ours now." Rick held up a can of soup and faced Aaron who was tied to a wooden beam. "It's ours whether or not we go to your camp.

Carls face twisted, "what do you mean? Why wouldn't we go?"

"If he were lying, or if he wanted to hurt us... but he isn't, and he doesn't. We need this. So we're going, all of us." Michonne stated.

It had been proven that Aaron was telling the truth. No matter how many times the group acted mean, he kept his kindness. But there was still a deep feeling inside of Adira. Her hands fiddled with the string attached to her wrist. What if this was the same as the facility? Her heart began beating rapidly. She was scared, so scared but she tried not to show it.

Mitch grabbed her wrist and interlaced their fingers. He could see the look on her face. That same look she always tried hiding, but no matter what, everyone knew what it was.

On her left, Minho rested his forearm on her shoulder. He wasn't taller than them, just like two inches shorter, but he tried his best comforting her. And it was working, just a little.

"Somebody say something if they feel differently." Michonne glanced up at Rick who looked surprised.

"I don't know, man." Daryl muttered from beside Abraham. His hands were interlaced, fingers rubbing against each other anxiously. "This barn smells like horse shit."

Mitch slightly chucked, "yeah."

Rick licked his lips and nodded his head, resisting a smile. "Alright, we'll go."

Later in the night, the group piled into the vehicles. The small car was for Michonne, Rick, Glenn, and Aaron. The rest of them loaded themselves into the RV. She didn't know who Dale was, but when Mitch made a comment about it, most of the group had a small smile.

Abraham drove the RV with Rosita behind him. Adira claimed a seat at the small table at the side. Her knees were pulled up to her chest as she stared out the window, hoping that the paranoia would leave her quickly.

In front of her sat Minho with Mitch at her left. "You guys think this place is real?" Minho asked worriedly.

"I hope so." Mitch glanced at Adira with a soft look.

She pulled a tight lipped smile. "Don't want a repeat of what happened last time."

Minho glanced down at the table but suddenly, Abraham slammed the brakes and they all grasped the table. Abraham quickly turned the wheel and pulled them away.