FORTY FIVE

The truck eventually stopped at a large warehouse north of Alexandria

The truck eventually stopped at a large warehouse north of Alexandria. The group of eight all jumped out, stretching their aching limbs before making sure their guns were loaded.

"That door is our fastest way in and out." Aiden nodded his head at the metal burgundy door at the top of a few concrete steps.

"We should know all our exits first. Just in case." Adira stated and Glenn nodded his head in agreement with a rifle in his arms.

Nicholas turned around quickly, "we already got one. It's called going out the front."

"Hey Adi, heads up." Tara called out from behind the group.

Before she could take out an arrow, Noah got in front of her and aimed his gun at the walker. "I got it." He shot it once in the head.

"Look at you with the aim." Aiden praised him before grabbing us own rifle. "Girls right, we should do a perimeter check. Know our exits just in case."

Mitch scoffed and walked off while shaking his head slightly as the anger rushed through him, "her names Adira, asshole."

After a slight perimeter check, Glenn and Noah came back stating that the front of the building was surrounded by a large herd. They planned out their exit before opening the door and banging a few times on the wall to attract any walkers.

"Give it another second." Glenn whispered before they could march inside. "It's a big place. There could be some inside."

Aiden shifted impatiently, "so let's say they are. Let's move. Let's be safe."

"Alright." Glenn nodded his head and took out his gun.

Mitch was the first one to go inside with his large black rifle and flashlight attached to it. Adira went next but instead of her arrows, she carried her gun in her right hand with her flashlight held under the weapon. Glenn followed behind with Aiden and then the rest.

The two at the front turned towards every corner, making sure their backs were only turned towards each other and not anywhere else. The warehouse was huge, filled with large metal store shelves and cardboard boxes.

They moved quietly and eventually everyone split into different aisles before circling back. A metal cage rattled and everyone hushed, listening to the faint walker snarling.

"They're stuck behind a gate or something." Noah mumbled quietly and they all agreed silently.

"How do you know?" Aiden asked.

"Are you deaf or something?" Adira shot at him with slinted eyes.

"We dont." Glenn whispered and signaled for Adira and Mitch to keep walking. "But they're not here yet."

"Eyes and ears open." Mitch said from up front once realizing the rattling was getting closer. Adira kept her steps in unison with Mitch, not wanting to be with Nicholas or Aiden. She didn't trust them one bit.