THIRTY ONE

Down in the basement, laid Adira unconscious

Down in the basement, laid Adira unconscious. She had drugs running through her body while the surgeons carefully sliced a 3 inch incision on her lower belly. Adira's eyes fluttered open and she could feel the tight pressure. She tried raising her arms but they were strapped down.

Panic began to kick in and she could hear the slow beeps of the machine beside her start to quicken. A blonde tall man came up to her side and said, "hello Adira, im going to need you to be calm."

"Who are you?" Her nostrils flared and her breaths quickened. Him telling her to be calm did the opposite.

"Im Landon. You were stabbed in the woods and the knife hit your uterus."

"What?"

"I need to ask you a few questions before they can fix you up." He placed a gentle hand on her shoulder. "Do you know your blood type?"

Adira stuttered a bit in the beginning. This was all just so confusing to her. "O positive."

"Thats good. Now whats your race?"

"American Indian."

"Are you fertile?"

"I think so."

"Do you have any health or mental issues?"

"No."

"How old are you?"

"I think 16."

"Do you have a regular menstrual period?"

"Yes."

Landon wrote all of the answers on a sheet of paper. "We're going to try our hardest but we might have to remove your uterus and maybe ovaries." Adira didnt have time to respond before he left and she was injected with another drug to fall asleep.

Lia and Landon stod behind a two way glass watched as the surgeons began their work. "I thought you said se was fine. That she was the perfect donor." Lia exclaimed with glossy eyes.

Landon was quick to embrace her. "She is. I lied to her. Shes the perfect donor to you and she has O blood."

The blonde was quick to notice one of the doctors looking back at him. Landon grabbed a mask and pulled it over his mouth and nose before going back into the room. "Sir, we have reason to believe she was bit by one of the dead."

Landons eyes widened and he quickly ordered them to show him. They turned her arm over and Landon was shocked to see the bite mark. "This is old." He muttered and ran a gloved finger over the wound. "Get this done then prepare her for an imagining test." The doctors nodded and continued their work while Landon went back to Lia. "Shes special. Really special."

Once the process was complete, it was time for the imaging test. Adira was placed onto another table and strapped down before the test begun. Her brain waves and images were normal. "How is this possible?"