TWENTY SIX

The next day was a good day

The next day was a good day. Adira was feeling so much better. The sun was high and the prison felt so fresh.

She was laying in a bed, with Mitch by her side. He was leaning against the wall, his right arm under her neck and his left holding up a book. The prison was calm today, everyone taking a much needed break from the eventful days they survived.

"I came into this world crying while everyone smiled, and I'll leave this world smiling with everyone crying." He shut the book and gave a sarcastic smile. "The end." He wasn't a fan of books but for Adira, he would read an entire library.

Adira took the glass cup of water and took a sip of it. "I need some sun." She said after the water cooled down her dry throat.

"You need to rest." He responded and pushed back some of her hair.

She hummed and stood up. "Come on, lazy butt." She grabbed his hands and hauled him up. Together, the two walked outside into the sun. Adira was feeling a bit groggy but continued nonetheless.

"Hey Mitch, can we talk?" Rick came up to them with a nervous expression. Daryl was beside him, he had his eyebrows scrunched up.

"Sure." Mitch responded with a confused look.

Before they could walk off, Maggie shouted Ricks name with urgency. They walked over to where she stood behind the gate with a few others. Their hands were clamped on the wire, looking out into the distance.

When they looked out into the courtyard, Philip Blake stood ontop of a tank with a brand new army of soldiers. He had a black eye patch over the eye Michonne stabbed and Adira swore she could see a smirk growing on his face. "Rick! Come down here! We need to talk."

Mitch's hands worked quickly. It seemed as if he wasn't fazed by the Governor one bit. He acted on his instincts and grabbed a rifle from the bin beside them. He placed the muzzle through the gaps of the fence and in a few seconds he had the perfect line for a shot. "Rick, I got him."

"No, not yet." Rick held a hand up. His eyes were glazed as he looked into the distance. "It's not up to me! There's a council now. They run this place." He shouted back at the man.

The Governor placed two hands on his hips. "Is Hershel on the council?" He flicked his wrist and one of the women lowered her rifle and dragged Hershel from out the red car.

It became deadly silent on their side. Beth and Maggie gasped and they could all feel the fear rising. "What about Michonne?"

"No." Adira muttered in disbelief but her eyes widened when Michonne was dragged out of the same car as Hershel. The dark skinned woman was forced to kneel beside the older man. The Governor had already taken Andrea from her, he couldn't take Michonne too.

"I don't make decisions anymore." Ricks shout wavered a bit, due to his nervousness.

"You're making the decisions today, Rick. Come down here. Let's have that talk."