THIRTY SEVEN

The group eventually found a bookstore to camp in for the night

The group eventually found a bookstore to camp in for the night. Maggie and Rosita taped fabric on the windows, bookshelf we're moved around to keep them safe, and Eugene managed to make a fire out of a battery and paper.

With a lot of time, Maggie was able to remove the thread from two books for Abraham and Adira. Rosita found a needle and began stitching Abraham's large cut on his hand first.

After she was done, Adria was next. The girl had to lay on her side and squeezed one of the old teddy bears she had found in the kids section. The wound wasn't large, but the needle sinking into her skin wasn't pleasing.

The blood on her forehead had stopped dripping. There was no need to wipe it away, her face would just get more dirty as their journey continued.

Abraham stayed on watch with Glenn while the rest laid close together to sleep.

Adira laid on the carpet with a blanket underneath her. She had found the soft pieces of fabric in the closet, near the children's section. She wondered where they were now? Were there anymore children left? Or was Judith the only one?

She had been asleep for a while until heavy breathing caused her to stir. Her eyes looked around and she could hear non-walker moans.

Adira rolled her eyes and covered her ears. But the heavy breathing was too loud. In an instant, she stood up and walked away. There was no way in hell she would listen to that.

She walked around for a bit until she spotted Glenn standing in front of a large window. She watched him for a fewseconds. He looked deep in thought. His eyes weren't moving and they didn't follow the walker that slammed his hand on the window before limping away. "Hey." She whispered and stood next to him.

"Jesus!" Glenn flinched and held a hand on his chest.

"Sorry." Adira quietly laughed. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, why wouldn't I be?" He shook his head and continued looking out the window.

"Well, you've been looking out the window for a while." She stated and he looked her confused. "Your eyebrows were scrunched and your hands are still in fists."

Glenn glanced down at his hands to find them clutched together. He sighed and let them relax before looking back up. "I was just distracted."

"Are you sure?" Adira asked again, this time with her cold face gone and a sincere one showing themselves.

Glenn smiled kindly, "I'm okay." He looked out the window but his eyebrows became scrunched again. "What are you doing here?"

Adira pursed her lips. "Abraham and Rosita are... you know." A shiver ran up her spine and distaste was clearly written on her face. Glenn's eyes widened and pursed his lips awkwardly.

•◦இ•◦

Day soon came and the group continued moving. The fire truck they had found only lasted a limited amount of time and the group was parked out in the open road, waiting for the truck to start working.