THIRTY FOUR

After Terminus, Carol led them to a small shack where Tyreese and Judith was waiting

After Terminus, Carol led them to a small shack where Tyreese and Judith was waiting. It would be a lie to say that Adira wasn't jealous. Sure she was happy that Carl still had his family, but she couldn't help but feel the anger bubble in her stomach.

The group had walked for hours before resting at the edge of woods. The girl from Philips army was there. The one who didn't shoot.

Adira didn't know whether she could trust her. Rick obviously did, aswell as Glenn. A couple of times she would find the dark haired woman glance at her but Adira only glared back.

She wasn't mad at anyone. Maybe just mad at herself. There a was chance her mother could still be alive right now. If only she had gone when she had the chance. A couple of times, Rick, Daryl, or Mitch would try talking to her, but the girl only shrugged them off and walked away.

She was losing everyone. Maybe if she ignored them, their deaths wouldn't be so hard. It was in these days that Koko's death was really taking a toll.

A few times she would sneak away to hunt. She'd only tell the girl with the pigtails, Rosita, where she was going. The woman never stopped her nor commented on anything.

Adira would walk through the woods and a couple of times she'd catch herself looking down at the ground. Expecting Koko to be there. But he never came.

Walking was all they did now. They stopped at night and continued during the day. Sweat dripped down Adiras forehead and smeared the crown of blood.

A walker was stumbling out of woods and getting closer. "I got it." Michonne stated and walked closer. But the woman came to a stop when a wooden arrow pierced the dead woman's skull. They all looked back to see an apathetic Adira staring straight ahead.

Night came again and Daryl built a fire. Adira sat down a few feet away. She kept her distance from everyone and rested against a tree. No one knew she kept watch every night even though there was always someone up at night. Maybe the dark eyebags under her eyes weren't enough. But then again she was good at hiding her emotions.

This time it was Daryl and Carol. They sat together on a tree stump with rifles in their hands. She could hear them softly whisper.

When day came they continued walking. A snap came from infront of them and everyone held their rifles up. Adira watched the branches move aside.

But it was only Daryl holding his crossbow and a group of squirrels tied to a string. "We surrender." He held his hands up.

The group continued walking until shouts were heard. "Help! Anybody, help!" Their eyes widened and Rick hesitated, but Carl begged him to go help. And finally Rick nodded.

They sprinted to a stop at a small clearing. There was a large boulder in the middle where a man in a black suit scrambled to the top. There was a walker holding his leg while another six tried reaching for him.