FIVE

EARLY IN THE MORNING, Adira had taken a short cold shower

EARLY IN THE MORNING, Adira had taken a short cold shower. She felt bad using hot water. It made her paranoid that she'd take it all and the people of Woodbury would hate her.

Andrea brushed her hair and used some scissors to trim the ends. Her hair was back to its natural silky waves. Adira had put her old clothes in the plastic bin beside their door and wore new clothes.

To her excitement, she had found an oversized blue sweater. Her and Michonne fought for it but Andrea eventually stated that Adira should get it. Michonne rolled her eyes and soon found a better sweater.

The three woman walked along with a brunette woman who was giving them a tour of the town. "You three were out there for a long time. While you were, the Governor was doing this."

"How many people do you have here?" Andrea asks. A pregnant woman walks out a small building and waves at their tour guide.

"73." She waves back before looking at the women behind her. "Eileen's about to pop so her kid will make it 74."

The brunette had her hair tied into a messy low bun. She wore a blue flowy dress that reached her knees and a silver necklace laid on her chest. "It's still a work in progress, but Rome wasn't built in a day."

"That's a bold comparison." Andrea mutters while walking next to her. Michonne and Adira walked behind the two, not bothering to join the conversation.

It wasn't hot today, which was a good thing. NKT only had Adira wore a huge sweater, but she also wore some thick black leggings along with a pair of converse that were a size too big.

Adira could tell Shumpert was still following them. Maybe the Governor didn't trust them enough. Michonne looked at the teen beside her and followed her gaze, realizing he was still walking a couple of feet away from them.

"I think we've earned it." The lady conversed with Andrea.

Adira walked past a golden retriever and resisted the urge to pet it. Just seeing the dog made her mood brighten up. It had been so long since she last had seen a dog. She hadn't seen Koko is a while but she figured he was roaming the woods beside Woodbury. He never got lost. He always knew where Adira was.

"Walls haven't been breached in well over a month. We haven't suffered a casualty on the inside since early winter."

"How's that possible?" Andrea asked while looking at three women who were gardening. The town had its own garden full of good looking crops.

"Our Governor set a strict curfew. Nobody goes out after dark. Noise and light are kept to the bare minimum. Armed guards in the fence and patrolling the perimeter to keep the biters away."

"I saw what your patrols do on the way in last night. They had a dead one strung up like an ornament." Andrea says and the two stop walking.

"I won't make excuses, but those men put their lives at risk every day to protect this town. They've lost more than a few friends out there. Everybody coped in their own way. But I'll raise it with the Governor." The brunette continues walking. Michonne glared at the woman the whole walk and Adira resisted the urge to roll her eyes. The woman was very annoying and tried her hardest to protect the men.