SIXTEEN

◤◢◣◥◤ ◢◣◆◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

◣◥◤◢◣ ◥◤◆◥◤◢◣◥◤◢

◣◥◤◢◣ ◥◤◆◥◤◢◣◥◤◢

"My smiles began with you."

Andrea had soon left in a small and rusty car from Glenn. Rick sent her off with a black handgun and a switch blade. Before she left, driving across the courtyard, Adira and her waved.

Adira hoped to see her soon. Maybe she would be back with their group. She missed having her bestfriend around. Practically her older sister.

When she went back inside she placed the arrows and bow in her room. The cats were sleeping at the foot of her bed so she began to decorate. She stole one of Daryl's old knives and began carving the wooden bow.She drew shapes and patterns all over. A few pictures littered the wood. Stick figures of Koko and her new family.

"So she left Monte Rio, son... just like a bullet leaves a gun." Beth sang from outside the cells. The group had made a small fire and cooked some beans.

The necklace laid on her chest loosely. It made a small clicking noise whenever she walked hurriedly. She loved the cool metal laying on her skin. It felt like Andrea was with her all the time.

The sound of slow footsteps brought her back. She looked up from her bow and up at the doorway. Mitch stood there with three cans of who knows what and a silver plate.

"Found these when we cleared the prison." He handed her the three cans. She inspected them and saw they were canned sardines. He then handed her the silver plate of beans and a spoon.

"Thanks." She muttered quietly. She had never talked to Mitch before. She had never really talked to anyone in the group. She just stayed to herself half the time and the other half, she was with Michonne where she did all the talking.

"How are you?" He suddenly asked before sitting down next to her on the cold cement floors. Their backs laid on the side of the bunk beds and they could hear the faint snoring of Koko.

She didn't know how to respond. She was doing fine but sometimes she just wanted to break down. The question held a lot of meanings. "I'm okay...I guess." She glanced at him from the side of her eye. He was looking down at the ground with an empty expression. "How are you? You know, after the whole basement thing we went through."

He licked his bottom lip before biting down on it. "Didn't think I'd have to go through that again, to be honest." He didn't want to lie, he remembered his mom telling him that it was best to talk to someone. Keeping it all in wouldn't help.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that." Adira said quietly, making sure the rest of the group wouldn't hear. Beth was still singing so they probably couldn't.