THIRTY EIGHT

Hours passed and Adria sat in the drivers seat of the fire truck

Hours passed and Adria sat in the drivers seat of the fire truck. Eugene had been knocked out and had blood pooling from his nose. The blood vessels in his eyes had popped and he was completely motionless.

Abraham was kneeled a few feet from the trucks rear. He hadn't moved in hours; he just stared straight ahead and tried ignoring the images flooding his brain.

All the doors of the truck were opened. The temperature had risen greatly and they were running low on water.

Adira watched as Glenn walked past and stood next to Tara who had tried getting all the water from the tank. "They got no clue we're here."

Tara screwed the cap on one of water bottles. "It's great news for AGREATM. I just scraped the bottom of the water barrel."

"What is— what's AGREATM?" Glenn furrowed his eyes brows.

"Us." Adira popped her head out.

Tara nodded her head. "Group name. Solidarity. Band of brothers." But Glenn continued being confused. "AGREATM." Tara waved her hand around like a scene in a commercial. "Thinking about getting a tattoo on my knuckles." She gently threw a water bottle at Glenn.

Glenn glanced down and saw a G written on the cap and nodded. "Sorry, I'm just trying to think of something else, you know." Tara shrugged.

Maggie and Rosita finally walked up to the group. "Anything?" Tara asked.

"No." Maggie shook her head.

Glenn sighed, "should we get him to the church?"

"Moving him could make him worse." Maggie pursed her lips.

"What will make him better?" Rosita asked.

"Waking up. If he doesn't..." everyone seemed to know what Maggie was saying. In all honesty, Adira couldn't care less. She wanted to go back to the church, be with her people, and find Beth. Eugene wasn't that much of importance to her. Sure he was smart, but he had just lost everyone's trust.

Adria glanced over to where Abraham was kneeling. She hopped out of the truck and grabbed one of the water bottles with an A and handed it to Rosita. "He hasn't drank anything in a while." Rosita nodded and took it while muttering, "thanks."

She watched the raven haired woman walk up to the man and plead him to drink. The man swiped the water bottle, leading it the fall on the floor and spill. Adira got up and made her way over.

Abraham wasn't thinking straight at the moment. She could see it in his eyes and how his muscles were flexed. He was too close to Rosita and his hands were in fists. He towered over the woman and yelled at her.

"Get away from her." Adira clentched her teeth and watched as Abraham kept his gaze on the gun she held that was pointed at him. The man relaxed his arms and went back to his kneeling position.