FORTY EIGHT

As Adiras eyes fluttered open, she realized Minho was crouching next to her, on his knees, shaking her shoulders

As Adiras eyes fluttered open, she realized Minho was crouching next to her, on his knees, shaking her shoulders. "Adi come on. You gotta wake up." She noticed how quiet he was speaking and then she saw a small group of walkers feasting a few feet away.

"What happened?" Her voice came out croaky and she gulped back the fluids. Her attention snapped at the sight of his worried face and in seconds she was back on her survival mode.

"The guys with the W's Daryl warned us about." He replied while wiping away the red liquid dripping from her head. Adria numbly nodded her head and suddenly noticed a horn blaring in the distance.

They still had a clear view of the street but there was no more walkers. They must've passed by already.

Adiras face was covered in walker guts, mud, and random cuts that were growing itchier by the second. Her ribs slightly ached but nonetheless she stood up and ignored the dizziness creeping up on her.

"Woo! What do we have here?" Both of their heads snapped up to see four men making their way closer. The W's on their foreheads standing out.

The walkers caught on and stood up before limping their way over, for two of them to quickly kill them with knives.

Knives

None of them had guns. Except her.

Adira took out her gun and pointed it at the head of the leader, her finger twitching anxiously to squeeze the trigger and end it right there for them.

The man tsked, "roamers aren't even two miles away. I would put that away unless you wanna ruin your groups plan."

"What the hell do you want?" Minho asked, his top lip rising with a sneer.

"We wanna have fun. You know how long it's been since we've seen a fine piece of cake?" The shorter one wolf whistled and Minho resisted the urge to gag. Or was it the urge to steal his sisters gun and shoot them himself?

He shook his head and whispered as quietly as he could, "we gotta go."

Adria pursed her lips, "quick and quiet."

Minho nodded his head and lifted the sleeves of his blue button up shirt, revealing the six small knives attached to his forearm.

The men got the signal and tightened their holds on their knives.

"Yeah, sorry but we don't have time for fun." Adira muttered sarcastically and threw the first knife into the shorter ones head. From beside her, Minho quickly killed two of them but before the last one could be killed, a loud group of growls caught their attention.

From behind the bushes came out a pack of eight wolves, all with their eyes on the man. Adira quickly grabbed Minhos shoulder and pushed him to the ground with herself.