THIRTY NINE

There was a tall dark skinned boy who survived with Beth at the hospital

There was a tall dark skinned boy who survived with Beth at the hospital. He had a small cut above his eyebrow and was only an inch shorter than Adira. He introduced himself as Noah to everyone and he seemed nice. If Beth trusted him, so would Adira.

Beth had promised him to get him home. The group drove out north, towards Virginia. His home was a gated community which made Adira entirely jealous.

The trip was long and tiring and Adira's eyes had sunken deep. She barely ate anymore nor did she talk. She felt alone in a car full of people. Tyreese drove with Noah in the passenger seat. Michonne, Rick, and Glenn behind them with Adira, Mitch, and Minho in the back.

She had no idea what to do. She just felt so lost. Should she cry and mourn? Or should she be strong and continue fighting? It was all so confusing and it hurt knowing that she was getting used to people dying.

Eventually Rick told Tyreese to pull over. They would walk on foot to Noah's home. They had to be careful these days.

They walked through the woods for a couple of hours before landing on a bunch if wires laced around the trees. Adira imagined it as a spider web. Maybe she was a ninja avoiding lasers. It was hard to find the fun in things now.

The metal gate had been boarded up and locked. Noah tugged on the gates and Minho tried slamming his shoulder into the bars, but it wouldn't work.

"I got it." Adira sighed and threw her bow over the fence. She stepped onto the bricks surrounding the bushes in front of the gate and carefully pulled herself up. It took a bit of force, more than she was used to, but she hesitantly looked over the gate.

The community was empty, and she was scared to tell Noah. It was deserted and her body language signaled it to Rick. He saw the way her muscles relaxed for a second in defeat but tightened up again. She stood up straighter and glanced at Noah who was perplexed. She let out a small breath and shook her head.

Noah's eyes widened and he stumbled around. He grabbed onto the other side of the gate and tried climbing but didn't get far. His hands slipped and Adira felt guilty. "Noah." She called and held her hand out to him.

The boy immediately rushed towards her and let her pull him up. Although she was a bit weak, it was pretty easy to pull the boy up. The two jumped down and Noah looked in every direction for a sign of life. Everyone else followed their moves and jumped over the fence.

"Noah, hold up." Rick said as the boy limped quickly. The house on his right was burned to the ground and the boy whimpered. There were skeletons on the ground and burned bodies that urged him to walk faster.

In a few seconds, Noah was running at a fast pace. Rick called out to him and followed him with the rest of the group on their trail.

Bodies laid on the ground and a walker limped it's way over. Noah cried and eventually fell to the ground with sobs emitting from his body. Tyreese tried his best to keep him calm. "It's alright. You'll be with us now."