FORTY SEVEN

NOW

NOW

Rick stood ontop of a transport truck, his revolver lazily held in one hand and the other on his hip. The day was burning brightly and all they could hear and smell were the walkers on the other side of the trucks.

A large herd of over five hundred walkers were kept away by a barrier of semi trucks, but the group knew it wouldn't hold so they had to do something now.

Adira stood at the front with Daryl, her bow hanging loosely in her hand. She was wearing a pair of shorts, same boots, brown tank top, white flannel, and of course, her hair braided back into a pontytail. The bags under her eyes had faded and she had grown quite a lot, now reaching around 5'10, basically towering over Minho like a giant and almost at Mitch's height.

On her right stood Mitch, he held a black automatic rifle in his calloused hands. The light stubble on his chin and jaw made him look older and a bit scary. He had grown too, in the right places. His arms were packed with muscle, along with his legs. And his hair was slightly longer, just the perfect amount of wavy-ness. He'd often ask Adria to trim it but she always ran away to hide the scissors.

"This is where it all starts tomorrow." Rick held a hand up to cover his eyes from the sun. "Tobin gets in the truck, opens the exit and we're off. He hops out, catches up with his team at red staying on the west side of the road. Daryl gets on his bike—"

"You see that?"

There was a sudden creak and a pile of dust began flying up in the sky. On the other side of the barrier, the dirt under a large red semi truck began to break apart. Adira took a step closer, hearing the sickening metal groan before the truck fell down onto a few fifty walkers. The other side of the barrier was now open.

"It's open! We got to do this now!" Rick shouted and everyone separated into different groups. He jumped off the truck, "Tobins group, get moving, go!"

"No Rick, we're not ready!" Tobin yelled back loudly, his face scrunched up with fear.

Rick ignored him and looked past everyone running, "Sasha! Abraham!"

"Damn straight, we'll do it live." Abraham responded and instantly got in the passenger seat of the red car while Sasha got in the drivers seat.

"You meet Daryl at red. Let him take them through the gauntlet."

"Yeah, we meet at red." Sasha nodded her head.

"Go!"

While everything was moving quickly, Daryl and Adira stayed put. They both had arrows loaded onto their weapons, watching the walkers begin to push the two semi's apart. On Ricks signal, Tobin drives the left semi away from the other, giving the walkers an opening.

Immediately, the first two are killed with different arrows. Adira gulped back any fear, she had to keep calm. If this herd gets past them, they'll move towards Alexandria.