THIRTY FIVE

Adira should've known better

Adira should've known better. In this world, happiness was only so short. It was Tara who first realized Bob was missing. They checked the perimeter but Bob was no where. The only person who knew how to accurately track was Adira, but it was too dark. Daryl and Carol hadn't come back and that put them even more on edge.

When Sasha and Rick came back, the tension rose. They confirmed that someone had been watching them. Sasha was the only one with a nightscope and had seen someone run away from her.

After it was revealed that Gabriel had locked out his congregation, Bob had been found outside. He was immediately taken in.

Adira instantly knew who had taken him. The signs were all there. Bobs leg had been cut off from the middle of his thigh. When Bob woke up he confirmed it. "It was that guy, Gareth. And five others." Sasha held his hand and tried comforting him. "They we're eating my leg right infront of me." And then he lifted the neckline of his shirt to show the infected bite on his shoulder.

Seeing the bite made her remember her own. It was covered by a piece of red cloth. No one suspected anything. It had been over a week and she still had showed no signs. It made her stomach churn with guilt.

"Did they have Daryl or Carol?" Adira ignored the guilt and focused on the important. Maybe it wasn't the moment, but she needed to know. If they had them, they would be used as leverage. Maybe they were already dead. Eaten by humans instead of walkers.

Bob took a few quickly breaths, "Gareth said they drove off." Daryl wouldn't leave her, right? Carol wouldn't leave Mitch either.

"Time for a reality check." Abrahams voice boomed thriugh the church. "We all need to leave for D.C. right now."

In the candle light everyone slowly rose to stand and stare at him. How could he say something like that right now. They weren't runners, they were fighters, survivors. Gareth's life would end by one of their hands today, tomorrow, or someday. She knew that.

"Daryl and Carol are gonna be back." Rick firmly stated. "We're not going anywhere without them."

"I respect that, but there's a clear threat here to Eugene. I need to extract his ass before things get any uglier." Abraham replied whilst Rosita grabbed her rifle and moved to stand beside him. "So if y'all won't come, goodluck to you. We'll go our separate ways." He turned to walk outside.

"You leaving on foot?" Ricks voice stopped them halfway, although Eugene was still sitting on one of the first pews.

"We fixed that damn bus ourselves." Abraham shot back. And he was right, they had fixed the bus themselves.

"There are a lot more of us." Rick replied.

"You want to keep it that way? You should come." Abraham said, wanting to get away from Gareth as fast as he could.

"Carol saved your life. We saved your life." Rick stated. It was true, Carol had saved them all, including Adira who tried her best to help.

"Well, I'm trying to save yours! Save everyone's!" Abraham shouted.