THIRTY TWO

Minho and Adira stopped at cabin near some train tracks

Minho and Adira stopped at cabin near some train tracks. They decided to wait for Mitch and anyone else. Adira had made a few tracks, just to make it easier for Mitch to find them.

The cabin was small. There was a kitchen, living room, bathroom, and a small bedroom. They knew they wouldn't be staying there for a while. There were around six bodies in the basement.

Dead walkers. The stairs were broken so there was no way they would go down there to remove them.

Minho had fallen asleep on the couch and had a bandana tied over his mouth and nose. He complained about the smell for over ten minutes.

Adira sat on the small one person couch. Her lips still felt tingly and she honestly had no idea how to feel. Mitch was cute, and to be fair she had a small crush on him.

It took her a while to get comfortable. Not only was the medics gown scratchy, but the pain in her stomach was starting to kick in. She had a small cut on her lower belly and a large wound on the side.

Leaves were rustling infront of the house and Minho jumped up. He held his black hand gun up, ready to shoot whatever would go through the door. But to their relief it was only Mitch and Nia.

Adira was frozen. After Nia embraced Minho, she looked up and her eyes widened. "Oh my god!" She cried and ran to the girl.

The two embraced for a long second and when they pulled away, Nia caressed Adiras face. She kissed every inch of her face in a loving matter.

"You guys know eachother?" Minho raised an eyebrow and tucked his gun into the waistband of his pants.

Nia had tears running down her cheeks and she had the biggest smile on her face. "She's my daughter, Minho. The one I told you about."

"Were you there the whole time?" Adira's bottom lip quivered. She would forever question what they were going to do if she had stayed at that place.

Her mom squeezed her eyes shut and nodded her head. "They found me in the woods, trying to get back home." Adira clenched her jaw. She didn't want to know what her mother endured. It must've been horrible.

"I got you some clothes." Mitch held his bookbag up. "And this." He held the weapons up and placed them on the wooden table.

Adira took the bookbags and went into the bedroom. She had walked through the woods practically naked and barefoot. She put on the undergarments, pair of jeans, dark grey tank top, and some black boots. It would be getting cold soon, but it'll probably only last a few weeks.

She dug deeper into the bookbag and found two thigh holsters. She found a hunting knife and black handgun and strapped them.

"We should get moving." Mitch stated when she walked out of the room. "We don't know if anyone survived. They could be looking for us." They all agreed and grabbed their weapons.