TWENTY

.

The sun was rising as the two women walked through the woods

The sun was rising as the two women walked through the woods. Small snowflakes stuck to their hair and jackets.

Andrea and Adira had been following the small hoof prints left by an elk. The prints were very noticeable even though the dirt had turned to mud.

A few branches snapped under Andrea which caused Adira to scold her. Andrea hated being yelled at, especially by a girl who's 10 years younger.

"God I hate the woods." Andrea groaned and looked all around as if bugs were trying to get to her.

"What? Why? I love the woods." Adira said as she walked calmly between the trees. Some of the snowflakes on their head had melted and left their hair wet and oily.

"The bugs. They're so gross. Yuck." The blonde shook her hands and shivered.

Adira laughed at her, "if it makes you feel any better, I hate the snow."

Andrea gasped and she grabbed Adiras shoulders, "how could you possibly hate the snow?"

"It's pretty but it leaves mud, kills the grass, the leaves start to fall, and it makes my hair wet." At the last word Adira pulled up the hood of her jacket and could instantly feel the humidity rising.

"Snow is the best..." Andrea kept talking but her voice was drowned out by Adira who stood in a small clearing. Everything was drowned out and she tried concentrating on whatever the hell she was looking at.

Multiple trails on hooves were all going to the middle of the clearing. There were around 10 different paths and they all met in the middle.

What the hell is this?

She should've know. Even with the dirt turning to mud, the prints were perfect. Too perfect.

Suddenly a group of around 6 men came from the trees. Andrea finally shut up and took out her gun. Adira didn't have one, all she had was her bow and arrows.

"Hands up." A guy in a red flannel said.

She could fight them all. But when they all pulled out guns, Adira put her hands up. "Put the gun down, babe." The same guy told Andrea. She could see Andrea bite the inside of her lip and her nose twitched.

Andrea kept her gun up and pointed at him. "Put down the gun or I will shoot the girl." The guy with the red flannel said and pointed his weapon at Adira.

Andrea gulped and let out a harsh breath from her nose. Finally she threw the gun onto the muddy floor. Two guys came over and began tying their wrists together.

Adira was scared. Her heart was hammering into her chest. Cold sweat dripped down her face. Her palms were sweaty and she wanted to cry.

They shoved over to a small campsite where a small fire had been put out recently. They were forced to sit on the muddy ground and the men began tying their ankles with ropes and gagging them with a bandanna. Their hands were tied behind their backs with their ankles in front of them.