CHAPTER 76

Author's note:

(Please read. This note is not going to be lengthy.)

This chapter does have a silver lining in the end, like I promised last year when I made the update, but it's a convoluted one... For this chapter encompasses various time gaps and intervals...And it is of 9000 words...which might be extremely lengthy for a single read, so you might please break it into your convenient modules. Dunno if it has grammar errors but if it does, I will rectify them soon... And an apology for all those who read my previous Author's Note, where I promised to make an update long ago... But some  things came up and I was in no mood for an update even though it was already penned. :| This is the first official update of 2k21.

Happy reading you all, hope you enjoy this chapter. :)

*****

Dedicated to xxBluexxflyxx

(Partly because I realised I never dedicated a chapter to you, despite you being my first known reader 😅, dunno why I did that though. Must have slipped out of my mind. I realised it late, and it's been in my mind to do this from a long time...but mostly because this girl here, is one of the most sweetest and amazing person I have ever known. 💓)

Six months after,

Sahil

A trickle of blood flowed from the fresh bruise on my lip, and one nurse attempted to stop it with a cotton ball. A ghastly looking wound was etched on my elbow, which the doctor was nursing and a gruesomely raw injury on my knee, which another nurse was attending to.

An action sequence, which was supposed to have been shot a week after, was hurriedly shot today, on my insistence. One of the stuntmen had done his role wrong, which resulted in an erroneous indication,  and that had, in turn, led to my action sequence go horribly wrong, props and a few elements of the set collapsing, and thus all the brutal injuries.

After the fall, I couldn't move my limbs, for all of them felt frozen. And then I had numbly sensed something thick, watery, spread across and damping my trousers, and no sooner, some fresh injuries on my face had already started trickling down blood. I felt incapable of moving, as my legs felt paralysed, shocked because of the sudden, unexpected tumble or even wipe the fresh trails that were flowing down unstoppably. Blood was steadily accumulating in my mouth, and I felt inept even to spit it out.

After what seemed like hours, I could numbly register numerous hands across my shoulder, trying to lift me and make me sit on a chair. After a few minutes of sitting on the chair, I felt okay. It was just a simple fall and shouldn't be that hurtful, I told myself.

I gestured for water, and instantly Rajesh thrust a glass of water into my hands, urging me to drink it. The Action choreographer maintained his look of 'I-told-you-no' towards me as he did my first aid.  And in a corner, the remaining stuntmen chastised the poor fellow, who had caused this mishap.

"Sahil, sir, I am sorry, I don't know what happened... I am so sorry, I-" the poor fellow who had hastened to my side implored.