CHAPTER 61

Ayesha

A million thoughts run in my mind.

Sahil is blankly looking at me. He has no emotions in his face. His eyes are emotionless. The brown tinge in his eyes seemed to have stopped swirling in abruptness. I slowly place the mobile on the bed and avert my gaze for a long time.

But I don't know what to say.

We maintained silence for a long time: a terrific, eerie and a scary one.

"Why, Ayesha?" He asked in a hard voice, and that made me feel even more guilty. I would have preferred if he had yelled at me or scolded me or anything. But I wasn't prepared to hear this pain in his voice. 

But it's not like I cheated on the relationship. It was he who took the move, and I don't know why I am feeling so nervous. Sahil's voice made me incapable of speaking. I am terrified now, and I don't know why.

"Sahil, I can explain, " I say wryly, searching my brain, furiously for answers.

He stares at me with a vacant look in his eyes.

"I don't know why he wanted to meet me, and I refused. He pleaded me to come over with him -to a cafe, and at last, I agreed, and then he asked me out again, I rejected him right away, and then, he took the initiative. I didn't. " He maintained an empty look, and I hastened, "I was about to-"

"Tell you, but you didn't," he said softly, almost emotionless, and I felt my throat dry that very instant.

"Sahi-"

"You know, Rhea told me this," he said, fixing his eyes on the farthest corner of the room, "She told me your girlfriend is cheating on you. She doesn't deserve you at all! "

"Sahil, I am sorry." I pleaded, "I didn't want to-"

"And I said, she is not an impertinent person like you, who would want to hit two birds with one stone. " he continued, giving no sign of acknowledgement to my apology, "She told me something about Aneesh, and I instantly defended you saying that she hates him so much that she would never meet him alone, let alone hug him!"

"Sahil, please-"

"And then, she showed me the photo, Ayesha," he said simply. "And in a second, she proved me wrong. "

"Sahil, listen to me, please-" I begged, "I didn't mean to-" I abruptly stopped as he shook his head, wordlessly. He gripped the ends of the mattress tightly and looked down,

"Sahil, just listen to me once! " I implored, "This happened two days ago, and I have been trying to tell you but-"

"You didn't." He completed naturally.

"Sahil, listen to me, I really wanted to-"

"You could have told me Ayesha," he said, his tone now beginning to sound accusatory, "I have told you all about my past relationships, and have been entirely understandable and transparent with you, about all my affairs and relations."

"It's not like you didn't know about Aneesh!" I said, my voice raising, refusing to be in control, "You made me spit it out, didn't you?"  I said bitterly.