CHAPTER 49

Ayesha

Intrepid rays of the sun emerged through the closed curtains of Sahil's rooms, and I scrunched my eyes in displeasure. I opened my eyes only to close them immediately, groaning in annoyance.

Well, my shoulder wasn't helping me too. There was something on my shoulder that was hitting me continuously with hot breaths.

And then, my eyes opened all of a sudden. And the realisation of last night hit my face.

I slowly tried to turn my head without disturbing Sahil from his sleep, and yes, he was there. His long hairs as messy as possible, I mused lovingly. His pointed nose, and that small beard which he had. His heavy and muscular arms that continued to hold on to my waist tightly.

I checked my mobile without wanting to disturb Sahil.

07:08 am.

Oh, I was early.

But then suddenly, I realised that I had to rush home, take a bath, and rush back to the office.

Perhaps, I am not early.

"Sahil, " I said, gently shaking his hand. But all he did was, draw me even closer, right to his hard chest and nuzzled his nose on my cheek.

"Five more minutes, love, " he mumbled, bringing one of his hands, around my neck.

Well, it would be rude to refuse such a fantastic request. Wouldn't it?

"Sahil, we are late, " I tried once again, after five minutes.

"Ayesha!" He complained.

"Sorry, sweetheart, we really have to go," I said, as gentle as I could, stroking his hair.

Wait. What?

I slowly turned my head towards Sahil only to see him, wide awake, smirking at me evilly.

"Did you just call me 'sweetheart' ?" He asked, flashing that handsome smirk again.

"I didn't!" I refused blatantly.

"Yes, you did." He said, gently cupping my face, forcing me to meet his amusing gaze.

"No, I didn't!" I lied again, drowning in a bucket of red colour.

Immediately, I felt him change his position, on top of me, caging me with both his arms and pinning me to the bed.

"You didn't?" He asked regaled.

"I-" I began, and suddenly I got an idea. I brought both my hands, to attempt to push him away. But, as if anticipating the move, he quickly caught hold of both my wrists and pinned it above my head with another hand.

"Sweetheart, " he smirked, stressing on it.

"Fine!" I gave up and continued sardonically, "I did call you, sweetheart. Happy?"

"Very much." He said, charmingly and released my wrists and slowly moved to the other side of the bed, falling on it limply, with one cheek pressed on the mattress.