CHAPTER 43

Ayesha

Well, I can't believe that we are going to Darjeeling.

Fine, Fine, Darjeeling and Goa.

Yes, I know I confessed that I had fallen in love with seas, but mountains are its own speciality. And we always visited Juhu.

But Juhu is unique, very special to me. Juhu is the only beach that can make me fall out of love with mountains. And the reason is most certainly not because it is a sea.

Today was technically our first date, but it felt like the same old times like how we used to go earlier. It didn't feel any different, except the fact that Sahil was very open in showing his feelings.

If I say I didn't enjoy that, it would be a lie. And since, I won't lie; I think it is better to hide the truth.

A smile made its way for the nth time today. Sahil was intently eating his second ice cream, and when he saw me looking at him, he gave me a genuine smile. Not that type of smirks he was giving me all day.

"I can't believe that I got you as my girlfriend, " he murmured, for the umpteenth time since yesterday, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear with his free hand.

"I can't believe that either, " I whispered.

We stared into each other's eyes, exchanging excitement and happiness on sharing this new relationship, longing-ness and desperation, and all other emotions.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him place the ice cream cup near the steering wheel, and put his other hand on my cheek, caressing it. He leaned forward, and this time I didn't try to stop him. I closed my eyes in anticipation. He was close enough for me to feel his breath on my face.

And that's when my mobile decided it's going to ring.

Sahil withdrew cursing badly, as I gave him an apologetic look, and reached for my mobile. It was Kavi Di.
My eyes widened, I had completely forgotten about her. How can I?

I picked up the call and assured her I was coming home. She had called to ask me if I would be joining her for dinner, and I felt really guilty. I told her to continue eating, and I will be joining a bit late.

I persuaded Sahil to drop me home. I felt terrible leaving our date like this, but I couldn't do anything.

Once he pulled up outside our home, I told him uneasily as I looked at his fallen face, "Sahil, I promise I will make it up for you in our vacation, "

"That's two days, Ayesha, " he whined.

"Yeah, two days, but till that, please, " I blinked profusely at him,

"Okay, " he said dejectedly. Suddenly his eyes shined with mischief, "I need payment."

"What sort of payment?" I asked narrowing my eyes, suspiciously, but I got the answer as he brought both of his hands and cupped my face, putting his gaze down.

"No! " I said blushing furiously, looking around. The road was dark, and not a single person was out here. In fact, apart from my poor cousin and both of us, I don't see any sign of civilisation long away. "Sahil-"