CHAPTER 47

Ayesha

"So, that's it. I have briefed you about the legal procedures and instructions the L&MC follows. " said a man around fifty-five, with big glasses and a sharp nose, " You shouldn't face any problems. "

"Thank you, sir." I nodded.

"Hmm, since you are placed as a senior web developer, so you will be working under Ms Sinha," he said

"Okay, " I said, secretly praying that whoever Ms Sinha was, was kind and helpful.

Mr Shenoy, the head of the L&MC Mumbai branch, stood up, and I stood up to. He extended his right hand, and "welcome to the L&MC family, Ms Mehra. "

I shook his hand firmly, "Thank you, sir. "
He escorted me to the door and said, "I have heard a lot about you, Ms Mehra. "

"Oh, " was all that I could say. I hope he doesn't judge me like people usually do.

"Your company made the headlines for a week in the Economic news for its superb strategies and approaches. And according to Vinay, he said in an interview, that you were the mastermind behind all those. "

"He did?" I asked feebly. Vinay Chacha will never stop being so modest.

"Yes, he did. And I have to say this; it's an honour that you are going to work here, leaving the company. I will be glad that you work under me. "

"Thank you so much, Sir. " I smiled.

He returned the smile, and I took his leave going to my destined workplace. I received a call and grinned at the caller.

"You woke up now?" I asked, smiling at my new ID card, given to me by Mr Shenoy. My name and designation printed in bright black letters. Seeing that made me happy.

"Yes, " Sahil said sleepily from the other end. "How's L&MC?"

"It's a large office. Bright and big. I am quite excited. " I said, scanning around the colourful walls.

"That's great. You'll drop by today?" He asked hopefully, and I smirked, balancing my mobile between my shoulder and my ear and wearing my ID card.

"Sahil, we returned from Goa yesterday night! It's not like we were apart from ages. "

"But I don't want you to stay away, " he whined. "If it were my way, I would have forcefully made you stay home and kiss your beautiful lips all day. "

"Sahil!" I blushed furiously, and I could hear him laugh from the other end.

"Your Kavi Di has also gone to Tokyo, hasn't she?" He asked sceptically.

"She has, " I confirmed, placing my free hand on a railing.

"So, a young girl isn't supposed to stay at home alone. You don't know what all can happen, " he said in a beguiling whisper.

"Is that so, Mr Malhotra? " I whispered back, "Please enlighten me, what all can happen when a 21-year girl is alone in her home?"

"Nothing much. Her lover will climb up through her window and will kiss her gorgeous face and lips all night. "

I laughed. "Brilliant, Sahil. Please think of something else, next time. "