CHAPTER 59

Ayesha

I stood immobile and unmoving as Aneesh approached closer. He looked the same as I remember him to be. His black eyes are crinkling and his smile, attracting as ever. His black hairs now combed, but still looking the same as ever.

I couldn't get myself to believe that he was here. Now. Right in front of me. And I could see him. After all these days?

I took a step back, only to be hit by the door, and that relieved me from my curse of immobility.

"Stop," I said in a shaky voice, but a commanding view, extending my hand in front of him. "Don't come any closer."

He winced at my voice but stopped instantly. He gave his signature grin and raised both his hands in surrender.

"If you are done, May I?" He asked,

"No." I snapped, "You can't. I don't want to meet you, not now, never. Just go away, "

I turned away from him to pull the door. However, I felt him grab my wrist. I instantly tugged my wrist away from his hand and gave him a dirty look.

"You don't have the rights to hold my hand again," I said fiercely.

"Still the same Ayesha, I see." He observed, "The same feisty Ayesha." He smirked, and I felt my face flush in anger.

"Listen! I don't have anything to do with you, so-"

"But I do." He interrupted,

"I don't care! You can go to hell! I don't know you from the day you left me. I don't know who you are, or what your standards are!"

"But Ayesha, hear me out, I-"

"Hear you out?" I laughed incredulously, "Hear you out, Aneesh Gupta? Why? You didn't hear me out three and a half years ago, so why should I hear you out now?"

He did not answer.

"See? " I pointed. Continuing in a polite and a formal tone, "I am happy with my life now, Aneesh. So, you can please leave me alone now." I said, turning to the door to be stopped by Aneesh again.

"I have to talk to you, Ayesha. I have come all way from Delhi to speak to you."

"I don't want to."

He grabbed my shoulders and shook me, and I gave him a nasty look and tried to release myself of his grip but was unsuccessful.

"Ayesha! Don't you remember the moments we enjoyed? I was your first boyfriend! " he said pleadingly, "The time I took you out on dates and cafes and -"

"Please don't create a scene in my workplace, " I told him angrily,

"Listen to me then!" He bellowed, and I raised my eyebrows.

"I am no longer that meek girl who took orders from you or that girl who always tried to impress you. So, don't use that tone with me."

"Let's go to some cafe. " he said, looking around, "I have to speak to you."

"No."