CHAPTER 40

Quote: Tere Dil mein meri saanson ko panaah mil Jaye ... Tere Ishq mein meri Jaan fanaa ho Jaye

If my breath found a place in your heart ... I can get destroyed in your love.

-Fanaa (2005)

Ayesha

I closed my eyes and heard his heartbeat. It was one of the most musical sounds ever. Sahil gently stroked my hair and tightened his grip.

"It's getting late, " I say breaking the hug, and Sahil nodded.

He traced a hand on my cheek again, unaware of the sudden rigidness it caused in my body and heart. The line he discovered, burned again, and I smiled without wanting to.

"Good luck, " he whispered,

"Thanks, " I say.

I looked into his eyes, yet again and I feel this sudden urge to hug him and get locked into his embrace. His eyes shone with such truthful emotions that make myself drawn towards him. Funny how he can show so many emotions in one moment and no emotions in another moment.

I excuse myself from him and go towards the door, where I had hanged the graduation robes behind. I put them on, perfecting any struggle in the saree and bring the grad cap smoothly so that it doesn't disturb my hairstyle. But in that process, the cap falls off my head, and I bend to get it. But Sahil bet me to it, he picked up the cap quickly and brushed strands of my hair, on my face and tucked them behind my ears. He placed the cap on my head and turned me towards the mirror.

"There... You look perfect now." He said.

I did. The black robes went well with the blue saree, and the cap also complemented the hairstyle.

"Thanks, " I said,

He didn't respond but just nodded, and got engaged in his mobile. He muttered something that he would wait outside for me and walked out.

Once he left, I look at the mirror for one last time and feel myself getting broken and mended at the same time. I clutched the gold chain closer to my heart and shut my eyes. And the dangerous thoughts came back to me again.

Love...

I am reminded of my school days, where girls would run around the corridors, hide to see the seniors arrive. Girls would complain about the strange feelings in their heart. Girls would speak in long and length detail of guys to their friends.

I had always thought them stupid. Hopelessly in love. It was a silly feeling. It was just a thought that gave distraction. I had seen them all in movies.

The girl and the guy met. The guy flirted. The girl says, yes. They dance. They sing. They fall in love.  They get married. Happily ever after.

How silly was that, wasn't it? How could all these stuff even happen? Those movies were proof themselves, that love was a crazy and dumb feeling.

That was till Aneesh came.

The entry of Aneesh in my life was an illusion. An illusion of magic and love. A dream for which I fell, more profound and more in-depth. And before I knew it, I was wholly involved with him.

Aneesh's entry made me believe in Love for the first time. Made me feel for the first time. That silly feeling that I thought, occupied the most critical place in my life. It created a hopeless distraction from my brutal past.