CHAPTER 20

Quote: Love yourself, because if you don't, then no one will.

Ayesha

All I can think about my flight journey is about Sahil. He,  carrying me to his bed and his hand on my cheek.

I know it sounds a bit cheesy, but I am kind of happy.

I look at the dark sky beyond, through my window thinking about something else but then again, I'm thinking about it.

Wait, I am smiling.

Lightly

Weirdly

Widely

Wow.

*

I

Walked down the airport, towards the exit, averting my eyes from all. The last thing I want is someone recognising me and telling my stepdad that Ayesha Mehra, your daughter was found walking in the airport.

He has got a lot of connections; he is the owner of the Mehra Infrastructures. He is always travelling, trying to extend the business and I wouldn't be that surprised if he or someone would find me here. I hope that no message from college has gone to my stepdad. All I plan right now is to go straight to my hostel and then pretend as if I had a severe headache.

Reaching the hostel was easy but sneaking in was not when there is a lot of security and guards surrounding the entrance.

I somehow managed to get in the entrance, assuring the guard that I had just been to a doctor. He was not at all convinced.

(Well, yeah cause I was dressed fresh and fabulous. Anyone would think  I had a dinner date tonight, and not a doctor appointment).

Anyway, I'll leave him making the comparisons and conclusions.

I reached my room, just in time to receive a message. It was my mom. My heart skipped a beat.

She didn't see me anywhere in Mumbai, did she??

M: "I got a message from college, today, saying you did not attend classes."

My heart skipped a beat.

Crap. Crap. Crap.

M: "Well?" She questioned.

Me: I was not feeling well.

M:  Not feeling well?

Me: Yes. Not at all feeling well. Yeah, I am better now. I will try to attend from tomorrow.
I text back firmly, trying to convince two people, my mother and myself.

M: Okay.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, God.

I closed my eyes with a smile plastered on my face. Today was quite eventful.

I had bunked classes. I had gone to Mumbai without anyone knowing. I had stayed in Mumbai for hours with Sahil. I had come back to Delhi and now,

I felt ridiculously happy.  I never thought I would have the courage even to skip a single class and face my stepfather, but now,

I am still smiling.