CHAPTER 25

You have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on.

-Pride and prejudice.

I have crossed oceans of time to find you.
-Dracula

*

Ayesha

It was five in the early morning when Sahil dropped me back to the hostel; he left for the airport. This time though, we travelled in Sahil 's Delhi car. I had called asleep after I played the guitar, and at around half past four, Sahil had woken me up saying it was time to go, as everyone would be waking up now. He made a call to his Delhi driver, the car he drives when he is in Delhi, and we waited near the gate for him, after we had locked the door, and put the key back in the pot, putting the three lumps of soil and covering it. As soon as his driver arrived, we sneaked out slowly trying not to make much noise.  The driver made his way to the hostel, as Sahil told him to, and Sahil said to me that he was leaving now, at the 6 am flight.

He told me not to cry over Aneesh Gupta and said to me that, to not keep too many things in my heart and I could tell him anything. I nodded, touched for the amount of concern he had for me. It was like a brother I never had. He cared about me so much.

He stood outside, leaning on his car, his hands in his pockets, facing the entrance of my hostel, as I stood opposite to him. I no longer cried about him leaving Delhi; after all, we all had things to look after for. His career was essential, and he couldn't just stay here for me. So, I had instead overcome the teary part and decided that it was best to enjoy the moment.

We both stood there facing each other, a smile on both our faces, his hands in his pockets and mine just clutching the sides as it was freaking cold, just like a typical Hollywood movie.

"So, "I started. "I wanted to thank you."

"For?"

"For everything, for taking me to your hideout, giving me the best birthday present, witnessing the stars with you in the night sky, you singing for me just because I asked. "

He gave a little laugh, looking down before tilting his head sideways, and I wanted to scream on how good he looked. His white face shining in the darkness and his jawline visible. His hairs fell on his eyes before he gave a jaw-dropping smile. "are you seriously thanking me for that? Those insignificant things?"

"And you know, "I averted my eyes once before looking at him again, " hearing me about Aneesh. It makes me feel loads better than before."

I looked down again, trying to hear Sahil's response, but he didn't say anything. He walked closer to me and hugged me and kissed my forehead in the process before resuming his hugging again. I closed my eyes and put my arms around him, hugging him back, more tightly than before.

"You know, " he said quietly, "don't give a shit about him. You deserve way much better than him."

I put my chin on his shoulder as a response and nodded, I couldn't answer. He broke the hug but was still close, and he took my hands and squeezed them,

"And any problem, you know you could just tell me. I will always be there to listen to you,  anything."

I smiled and nodded, what the hell had I done to deserve such a beautiful friend?