Chapter 1 - Delivery

Ink's POV (Age: 15)

  The curtains were abruptly pulled open. Sunlight poured into my bedroom. I opened my eyes before looking up. My personal maid, Lydia, was preparing my satchel, pouring a cup of tea and setting a pair of clothes on my bed.

Lydia: Good morning young master.

Me: Good morning Lydia.

Lydia: Get dressed. Madam wants you to take some paintings to the queen.

  I nodded before pushing myself up from the bed. Lydia bowed to me and left the bedroom. I walked to the window with my cup.

  While staring down at the town from my mansion, I drank tea and enjoyed the small moment that I had until I had to take paintings to the castle.

  Fancy carriages pulled by horses moved along the stone roads, passing people who chose to walk.

Women were adorned with expensive dresses and thin parasols were held loosely in their hands. Gentlemen wore suits and their arms were linked with their female companions. The tall castle stood above everything else, making sure that everyone could see it's grandeur.

  Once my teacup was finished, I placed in on a nightstand. I took off my clothes and grabbed the clean set on my bed.

I straightened out my shirt, grabbed my satchel, and then walked out into the hallway. Lydia was waiting patiently for me with a small smile on her face.

She followed behind as I walked to the dining room.

Butlers were setting the table for two people and maids cooked in the kitchen. The table was set for my mother and I. Father did not have a place as he was already at the castle for the day, advising the queen.

I took my place at the dining table. Maids plated my food, allowing me to eat breakfast. I waited for mother to arrive but she never came. I sighed before picking up my fork.

It didn't take me long to finish my food. I thanked the maids and got up to find my mother. I automatically knew where she was, in the art room.

There, sitting in a chair, was my mother. She was working on her new painting. It seemed that she was quite focused, which was typical of her. Father said that I took after her, always going into my own space to draw or paint. However, I did want to be like her as I loved art with every fiber of my being.

Me: Good morning mother.

Mom: Good morning Ink. I have the paintings and drawings sitting on that desk over there.

She said without looking away from the canvas. I walked over to the table and carefully grabbed the rolled up art pieces. Lydia carried the rest as I couldn't hold all of them at once.

A skeleton butler, named Null, opened the door for us while greeting us. I greeted him back as we walked into town.

(Time Skip)

I saw the we were at the entrance gates of the castle. There was nervous feeling in my throat as guards pulled open the silver barrier.

The courtyard was full of hedges that were filled with several types of flowers. I admired them as we walked past.

Sitting on the bench in the middle was a boy holding a rose. He wore a red scarf and had a patch covering one of his eyes. He looked to be the same age as me, if not a few years older.

He lifted his gaze from the rose, noticing me.

I quickly looked away to avoid an uncomfortable stare.

Lydia and I stopped in front of the front doors. They were tall, making themselves imitating.

  The guards didn't question us as they allowed us past. The doors slowly opened, letting out a low creak.

I cautiously walked through the throne room. I saw the queen and my father. There was another boy nearby, who also seemed older than me. He seemed to be strange in some aspects of his characteristics.

We stopped in front of the throne. The queen looked down on us. My father gave me a tiny wave. I couldn't speak which caused Lydia to talk for me.

Lydia: My queen. Madam Comyet has created the pieces of art that you wanted. Her son, Ink, has come to deliver them in her stead.

Queen: Very well, hand them over to Ink's father.

Father walked down the steps and took the art from us.

Lydia and I bowed before beginning to leave the throne room. Linda quietly spoke to me.

Lydia: Strange. I heard rumors that there were three sons. I have only seen two.

I listened to her but didn't respond back.

As we walked home, I looked at the structure of the castle. I had always wondered what other...

Secrets hid in there