Chapter 5: A Little Lesson in Trickery

Y/N walked up to the gate of UA High School. He looked up at the arch before taking his first step inside. Staring directly at the doors of UA before taking another step. Y/N breathed in and out slowly. He repeated the first few prime numbers to calm down.

I can't let Father Bonsai's death discourage me. I must keep going, I can't fail yet!

Just thinking about Father Bonsai made his heart ache. Y/N saw Bakugo up ahead. Bakugo yelled at Midoriya before walking to the doors.

Is Bakugo nicer than usual? That's very strange. Hopefully he turned a new leaf.

Y/N walked up to Midoriya and put his hand on Midoriya's shoulder.

"Are you alright?" Y/N asked.

"Yea, I'm fine. No need to worry about me Pucci." Midoriya says to him.

A smile grew on his face as he stepped forward, a face determined to pass the exam.

Midoriya tripped over himself. He was about to hit the ground when a force grabbed him by his shirt.

Whitesnake's arm pulled Midoriya up from the ground with a bit too much force. He was falling backwards before   Y/N held his back.

(Do you guys understand what I'm trying to show you? It's like that thing ballet dancers do with their partner...kinda. I don't know how to describe it)

Y/N held him there for a second before straightening him.

"Let's get a move on shall we?" Y/N says to Midoriya. Y/N walks ahead of Midoriya who was still wondering what that white arm was.
____________________________

Midoriya took his seat next to Bakugo while Y/N took his seat next to a boy with glasses, beige shirt, and blue tie.

The lights flickered on. A voice can be heard from the darkness.

"For all you listeners tuning in, welcome to my show today!"

Y/N looked around to see where the voice is coming from. His eyes landed on a man with a strange haircut standing on the stage. The man spoke once more,

"Everybody say 'hey'!"

Y/N was tempted to say 'hey!'. But after noticing the silence, decided against it.

"What a refined response. Then I'll quickly present to you the rundown on the practical exam. Are you ready! Yeah!!"

Nobody responded. Y/N felt sorry for the man. Must be so embarrassed.

Y/N hears someone speaking quietly over the silence. He looks around to see Midoriya being a fanboy, again. Y/N tried to ignore him but Whitesnake floated over to him.

Whitesnake: "Quiet down"

The man spoke again,

"As it says in the application requirements, you listeners will be conducting ten-minute mock urban battles after this! You can bring whatever you want with you. After the presentation, you'll head to the specified battle center, okay? Okay?"

" three different types of faux villains are stationed in each battle center. You earn points for each of them based on their level of difficulty. Your goal, dear listeners is to use your Quirks to earn points by immobilizing the faux villains. Of course, attacking other examinees and any other unheroic actions are prohibited."

The boy next to you stands up. He raises his hand.

"May I ask a question?"

"Okay."

"On the printout, there are four types of villains. If this is a misprint, then UA, the most prominent school in Japan, should be ashamed of that foolish mistake. We examinees are here in this place because we wish to be molded into exemplary heroes. In addition, you over there with the curly hair... you've been muttering the whole time. It's distracting! If you're here on a pleasure trip, then you should leave immediately!"

Y/N grabbed the boy's hand tightly.

"Don't you think that's enough, no need to spout insults."

Y/N secretly takes the boy's ability to speak through a disc. The boy tried to talk back to Y/N but heard only silence.

The main with the strange haircut spoke again.

" Okay, okay, Examinee Number 7111. Thanks for the great message. The fourth type of villain is worth zero points. That guys an obstacle, so to speak. There's one at every battle corner. An obstacle that will go crazy in narrow spaces. It's not impossible to defeat, but there's no reason to defeat it, either. I recommend that you listen to us try to avoid it."

The boy tries to motion that he is unable to speak.

"No need to dance for me Examinee 7111, a simple thank you is enough."

Laughter bounces around the room.

"That's all from me. Finally I'll give you listeners a present— our school motto!
The hero Napoleon Bonaparte once said: ' A true hero is someone who overcomes life's misfortunes.'
Go beyond
Plus Ultra!"
The words 'Plus Ultra!' appear on the large screen.

"Now, everyone, good luck suffering!"
____________________________
After giving back the boy's ability to speak, Y/N stood in front the Battle Center C with some other students.

"It's time...

Whitosnaku!"
__________________________
Hi guys, hope you are enjoying the story so far. Again please tell me what POV you prefer. Anyways, have a good mother fucking day!