Chapter 52: Back to it

Now, where were we. Ah right, the Jolyne fight.

Y/N's mind returned to the fight. Now that he thought back to it, he didn't learn how to "think outside the box" at all during his training. It was just a thing he subconsciously thought of when he was thinking about a way to defeat Jolyne. Of course, this doesn't mean he didn't have 1 idea.

Y/N struggled against the strings that were wrapped around him. He was still stuck in the cocoon like shape. Around him was the 20 meter string trap. The threads dug into his skin. He yelled. Really, Really loud.

"You can't get out of this with brute strength. I feel pity for you, so I'll just end your suffering here and now!"

Stone Free launched her arm at Y/N, having a small string to connect her main body with her arm. But in that instant, when the fist was inches away from Y/N's face, Y/N stopped yelling. He smiled.

"You fool. I thought you were smarter than to do something so foolish."

Distracted by Y/N's screaming, she didn't see Whitesnake taking position near Y/N. He was waiting for this exact moment where Jolyne would become impatient.

Whitesnake grabbed the arm. He pulled Stone Free, and by extension Jolyne, closer to him. Then he started to swing them around in a circle.

"AHHHHHHH"

Jolyne was swung around into the strings she used to trap him.

"Dammit! I'll have to deactivate my barrier if I don't want to get hurt by my own strings!"

The string barrier dissipated. Whitesnake then threw her to the ground and started a barrage of punches. Stone Free condensed it's string to better protect its user. Unfortunately, this also meant that it had to use the string that was holding Y/N in place.

"Right into my hands!"

Whitesnake barraged even faster now. His fists were gaining momentum.

*insert Barrage cry here*

Whitesnake's arms started to slow down for some strange reason.

"You mean, you fell into mine!"

Stone Free had wrapped its strings around Whitesnake's arms and stopped him from punching. It seems that during the barrage, Jolyne snuck the threads in and around Whitesnake's arms. She slowly rose from the crater that was made from their battle.

"Now you're stuck! I won't let that ha-"

Y/N slammed his fists down on her head, doing a hammer fist.

"No, no none of that. This fight has dragged on far enough. I won and that's final."

And guess what? Jolyne did not rise up a second time.
____________________________
After Y/N dropped off Jolyne at her house (conscious of course), he drove back to his apartment. The moment he entered his house, Dio Jr. ran up to him and grabbed his dirty clothing.

"Pucci. The doggy is making a mess."

"Dog? We don't have a dog."

Dio Jr. pulled Y/N into the kitchen by his sleeve. Y/N saw a black and white dog chewing on something while sitting on a table.

"What is that?! And how did it get in here."

"I found it in a box outside. It looked so cold and lonely, so I brought it in."

"Was it right outside our door?"

"Yep!"

Y/N shook his head.

"Where's this box you said you found it in."

"I threw it in the trash can."

"Ugh."

Y/N walked over to the trash can in the kitchen and looked inside.

"There's nothing here."

"Sorry, I meant the one in the living room."

But while he was saying this, he was smiling.

Y/N walked to the living room and looked inside the trash can. There sat a box. Y/N stuck his hand in the trash can (reluctantly) and pulled out the box.

Y/N read the writing on the side of the box.

Dear Y/N,
I am entrusting you my dog for the next few months. I am going on vacation for the next few months to see some of the world. Please take good care of Iggy!

From, Polnareff.

"Huh. That's weird. Polnareff never said anything about a vacation. Oh well!"

He threw the box back where it belonged.

"Just hope this mutt can be of some use."
____________________________
Y/N was walking back from the store where he just bought some dog food.

"I can't believe Polnareff left me with this thing! It's already left such a mess!"

Over a last few hours, Iggy had managed to; clog the toilet, blow up the microwave, break the TV, rip apart the furniture, get into the cookie jar, and rob him of his money. Seriously! How did that dog find out his safe code!

As Y/N was walking, he felt something block his path. He looked down and saw a leg of a man. A homeless man living in a cardboard box.

The man was asleep and dressed in ragged clothes.

"What a shame. It's too bad that I don't have any money on me right now."

Y/N patted his pockets. He felt a circular thing inside his pocket. Remembering that pesky dog, he took out the empty disc.

"But I may be able to make you useful."

Y/N inserted the disc into the sleeping man's face.

"I command you to...."
____________________________
"And here is your new caretaker, Carl!"

Dio Jr. looked at the shrimpy looking man.

"I won't always be home, so he's here to take care of you and Iggy. Make sure not to bother him too much. And don't shrink him."

Y/N ordered Carl to go take a shower.

"And if Iggy tries to burn down the house again, just tell Carl. He'll know what to do."

Dio Jr. watched as Y/N walked to his bedroom. He looked at Carl with a face of disgust.

"I don't need some guy from the streets to take care of me. I can do it myself."
____________________________
Skip to the exam day!

"It's the day of the test. There's no way I can't pass. My training over all these days have prepared me for this!"

Of course, he meant the practical exam. The written exam, well...

I don't understand a single bit of this!

Y/N was sitting in his classroom surrounded by his allies. The test had barely started, but Y/N was already stuck on the first question.

What does N A M E mean?
____________________________
Yes. I have introduced two new characters. For what purpose? Idk. U can try to make predictions. Will they be important later? Probably. Who knows? Well, I do. But that's not the point here.

Anyways, have a good mother fuckin day!