Chapter 88: A Not So Friendly Face

Don't read unless ok with spoilers

Pucci flipped through the useless papers that Shigaraki had given him.

"What are these questions? How is someone like him going to be able to answer these. And what's with all these hand questions?"

Pucci tossed the folder away to the nearest trash bin as he was walking.

"I'll make my own questions. I'll interrogate him my own way. A more useful way that doesn't involve things he would have no way of finding out.

Who asks a kid 'What is the principal planning?'"

Pucci entered the dance club building and swiped the card that Shigaraki gave him for the mission.

The attendant greeted him.

"Hello sir! I haven't seen you around here. Are you here to sign up?"

"No. I'm here to stretch my gastro with the cnemius. And maybe add a little escargot with that."

"I see. Let me get my superior to confirm this."

The attendant left inside the employee's room for a bit before walking back out again.

"Right this way sir."

Pucci walked behind the desk and into the room that the attendant just left.

He walked through and opened the door that led to the basement. Pucci quickly sped down the steps and stepped into the bleak room.

"Hm. No one here. Looks like I'll just have to wait."

Pucci took a seat at one end of the table. He assumed that the other seat across the table was meant for the double agent.

"It would be nice if this place had more light than a singular bulb."

Pucci thought over his questions again, making sure he wouldn't forget them in the middle of talking.

Eventually, after a few hours had gone by, the basement door had opened up.

A boy just the age of Pucci stepped slowly down the stairs. He took the seat opposite to Pucci.

"Took you long enough."

"Sorry there. I got caught up on something."

Pucci took the light bulb and shined it over his face.

"Really now? It's not like you to be late to appointments."

"Pucci?"

"Hello there Aoyama. Let's just get started shall we?"

Aoyama covered his eyes with his hands.

"Oh the horror! To think you were in on this plot as well! And I thought you were a holy soul."

"Cut the nonsense. You and I both know why you're here. So prepare yourself."

"Oh but how are you here? To associate yourself with such dastardly criminals."