Chapter 77: Joining Hands

"You sure you want to do this, Shigaraki?"

"Can't you ever trust me for once."

"Can I be honest?"

"No. I don't want to hear it anymore. Shut it, we're here."

Shigaraki and Pucci walked up to an alley way between two of the addresses given to them.

"Wow, what a great base. As expected of the Yakuza. I can't believe we don't have something like this."

"Stop patronizing them. Someone should be coming out soon to lead us there."

A man wearing a bird mask stepped out from the shadows and motioned them in.

"Right on cue."

They were led through dozens of halls and corridors until they were met with a door.

The masked man turned around.

"Only Tomura Shigaraki can come through here. You must stay out here and wait."

"Very well."

Shigaraki walked into the room. Pucci could clearly see the person from the little dispute a while ago.

He's not idiotic enough to fight Shigaraki with me stuck out here.

Pucci leaned against a wall and waited. There was absolutely nothing to do.

"Came here to guard Shigaraki on the way here only to be left outside all the action. I should welcome this peace but it's still so boring."

He looked to his left where he could see a group of men cleaning blood off a wall of a hallway.

"Wonder who pissed off that Yakuza so much."

He walked over and tried to start a conversation with the workers.

"Hello there. What's the story behind this?"

The men didn't answer. They kept cleaning and scrubbing away at the blood.

"Fine, be that way."

Pucci kept exploring the maze to find something to escape his boredom.

"I need to make sure to remember the way back. If they find me lost in this labyrinth, how embarrassing would that be."

He made another right turn and came upon another door.

"Oh? Another room out here? Must have something important inside."

Just as he was closing in on the door handle, someone surprised him.

"Hey! Who are you?"

Pucci turned around and saw a skinny looking man with a mask for his eyes, but strangely not for his mouth.

"Sorry, just joined and got lost. What's in this room?"

"Ah a newbie huh? Overhaul should've told you to stay in your position. And to answer your question, this room is the boss's private room. Don't go in there."

"Alright alright."

Pucci walked away, but then hid behind a wall. He heard the man's footsteps slowly decrease in volume, only to get louder after a few seconds.

A door creaking sound confirmed his suspicions. There was something else in that room, and that man knew it.

There's no chance I'm getting in there right now. Especially not without compromising this union. Another time perhaps.

Pucci walked back to the room where he was supposed to be waiting just a few seconds before Shigaraki came out of the room.

"Have a good time in there?"