Chapter 28: Unpaid Internship?

In the days off we had after the sports festival, we were to let out injuries recover, and then we would start regular classes again today. At least that's what I thought.

Y/N stood next to Midoriya in the train. They didn't meet up beforehand, it was just a coincidence that they met. Y/N wore a black raincoat and umbrella. Once the train started moving, multiple people noticed Midoriya's presence.

"Midoriya from the hero course!"

Y/N turned and saw a man with his thumbs up.

"Good job at the sports festival! You were so close!"

People crowded around Midoriya. Even Y/N got in the action.

"Yeah Midoriya, nice job coming in the top eight. You should try harder next time."

Y/N said with a creepy smile.

"You too Y/N?"

Y/N put his finger to Midoriya's mouth.

"Don't say my name!"

People started to turn to Y/N.

"Y/N? The third placer?"

"Oh shit..."
____________________________
Midoriya and Y/N walked on the sidewalk towards UA. Y/N still bitter that Midoriya rat him out in the train. He heard steps behind the two and stopped. Midoriya turned to see a green poncho wearing boy with rain boots.

Iida was running frantically, saying something about being late.

"Late? It's five minutes until morning bell."

"UA students should always be ten minutes early!"

Y/N started running as well. Racing Iida to the front gates.
____________________________
Everyone in the class were talking about how they were noticed on the way here. Of course Y/N knew this would happen, after all that was why he wore a black raincoat along with his umbrella. He wasn't going to be caught unprepared, not after his fight with Bakugo.

Y/N clenched his fists.

He was not going to lose again.
Not to him.
Not to anyone.

Mr. Aizawa walked into the classroom. His bandages nowhere in sight.

"Morning."

"Good morning!"

Asui asked Aizawa about his bandages.

"Ribbit? Mr. Aizawa, your bandages are gone. I'm glad."

"The old lady went overboard with her treatment." said Mr. Aizawa while scratching his face, "More importantly, we're having a special hero informatics class today."

Here it is...

.
.
.
"Code names. You'll be coming up with hero names."

Everyone in the class yelled with excitement.

"We're gonna do something exciting!"

Mr. Aizawa activated his Quirk. His hair shot up from its usual position. His eyes burned red. Everyone sat back down obediently.

"This is related to the pro hero draft picks I mentioned the other day. The drafts begin in earnest in the second and third years, after students have gained experience and can become immediate assets to the pros. In other words, for them to extend offers to first years like you shows that they are interested in your future potential. These offers are often cancelled if that interest dies down by graduation."

Mr. Aizawa pressed a button and pointed to the board.

"And here are the totals for those with offers."

Names appeared on the board with bars next to them. Each bar had a number to the right of it.

Todoroki had the most offers with 4123 offers. Bakugo at a close second with 3556 offers. Y/N had 1594 offers. Everyone else had below 500 offers.

"In other years, it's been more spread out, but all eyes were on these three this year."

Y/N frowned.

"This much of a difference between me and Bakugo... how absurd."

"Keeping these results in mind, whether or not anyone asked for you, you will all be participating in internships with pros."

"Internships?" Midoriya asked confused.

"Yeah. At USJ, you already got to experience combat with real villains, but it will still be meaningful training for you to see pros at work firsthand."

That explains the hero names.

"Well, those hero names are still temporary, but if you're not serious about it.."

"You'll have hell to pay later!"

Y/N's face twisted in grimace.

That slut is back at it again. Trying to lure underage kids into this? You monster.

"Because a lot of hero names used by students become recognized by society, and they end up becoming professional hero names!"

Mr. Aizawa seemed to not react at all.

"Well, that's how it is. So midnight will be making sure your names are okay. I can't do stuff like that. When you give yourself a name, you get a more concrete image of what you want to be like in the future, and you can get closer to it.

That's what it means when they say, 'Names and natures do often agree.' Like 'All Might' for example."

A stack of whiteboards were passed down to Y/N. He took one before giving the student behind him the boards.

A hero name... I haven't given it much thought. But perhaps something related to God. Maybe Archangel, or Right Hand. Or maybe something else entirely...

After a few minutes, Midnight told the class to present their hero names.

"Okay, let's start presenting names starting with those who are ready."

First Aoyama went up.

"Here I go.. 'Shining Hero'."

Aoyama raised his whiteboard. The words "I can not stop twinkling" written on it.

"Which means, you can't stop my sparkles!"

Midnight gave some advice on how to improve his name.

Next Y/N stood up to the stage. His whiteboard at his side.

"Hello everyone, my hero name... My hero name is!
__________________________
Hi guys, hope you enjoyed the chapter. Sorry if updates come later than usual, school's a pain in the ass. Any suggestions for hero names please leave them in the comments.

I'm thinking of a name already, but I want to hear something from the people actually reading this shit. I know I have some smart people out there.

Anyways, have a good mother fuckin day!