Chapter 83: Promise

Pucci was laying down onto the ground outside an alleyway.

He woke up at the sound of Twice and Toga talking with each other.

"We should contact Shigaraki about the truck coming in."

"But why? It's just gonna be another boring police vehicle."

"Remember? Overhaul is gonna be in there. Don't you wanna get revenge on that bastard? Actually never mind that's so dangerous. What if there's some heroes waiting for us. Maybe it's a tra-"

"Great idea! I'll get on the phone with Magne. Tell her about everything."

Toga took out her phone and called Magne.

Twice looked over to Pucci.

"You're awake? Awake! Good. We should run! It's so dangerous here. What if we get caught!

This place is a good place to lay low. Tell Shigaraki about the transport and we'll be done."

Pucci shook his head confusingly.

"What?"

"So there's a transport vehicle coming from the recent fight that has Overhaul riding inside. We're gonna tell Shigaraki to intercept it before it's TOO LATE.

OH WE NEED TO RUN. WHAT IF ITS TOO LATE. WE'LL ALL GET CAU-"

Pucci put his finger up to Twice's mouth.

"Shush. Toga's on the phone. Also, calm yourself. Stop attracting so much attention. What was that about laying low."

Twice sat down next to Pucci.

"Right right. But we need to run. Keep moving. They'll catch us if we stay in one place."

"We're villains Twice. As if heroes can catch us. Don't worry about it. I can help you through this. I'm a priest after all."

"Right. I forgot that about you. Did you ever mention it?"

"I thought it was quite obvious from my choice of clothing, but I guess it's fine."

Pucci looked over at Toga. She was still on her phone speaking with whoever was on the other side.

"Great."

He turned back to Twice.

"Tell me Twice, what was that about Overhaul?"

"He's going to be shipped over to a villain hospital nearby. They want to make sure he stays alive before sending him to prison. Like they'll do TO US!"

Pucci put his hands on Twice's shoulders.

"Deep breaths. In..... out..... Now tell me, where is this truck going to be coming through."

"Just on the highway a few blocks away. It just started a few moments ago so it didn't go too far."

"I see. Thank you for answering my questions Twice. But please, let me ask you something.... Are you feeling tired?"

"Tired? I can't get tired! Not with the police on our trail."

"Truthfully, without anything else distracting your mind. Are you tired?"

"I mean. A little. Maybe... maybe I should lay down for a bit."

"Go ahead Twice. I'll cover you."

"Thanks Pucc.."

Twice drifted off into a deep sleep.

"Get some rest. You deserve it."

Poor guy.