Chapter 86: Upgrades

Chiyo Shuzenji woke in a panic.

"Where am I? What's happening?"

A blinding light shot through the darkness and was shoved right in her face.

"Looks like someone finally woke up. Let's just cut to the chase.."

"What are you doing to me? Who are-"

The light was moved farther away above the table in front of her. A hand slapped a piece of tape across her mouth.

"Shush. We can get to those questions later. For now, I can give you two options. A.."

Pucci pulled a curtain away and revealed Overhaul on a bed with his arms and legs bandaged up.

"Heal my partner. Or B. You and all the students you care so much about perish."

"What?!"

"I've already placed explosives all around the school, ready to detonate at a press of a button."

Nothing happened for the next few seconds.

"Oh right. You still have tape on your mouth."

Pucci ripped the tape off like a bandage, shaking up Chiyo.

"Well then, ready to choose?"

"Explosives around the school? How do you expect me to believe that. Not with our security."

"You'd be surprised at how good we villains are at bypassing this oh so great security. But the real question is..."

Pucci's face went right up to Chiyo's.

"Are you willing to risk it?"

Chiyo gnashed her teeth.

"I'll do it. But he won't be getting any of his limbs back."

"There will be no need for that."

Pucci let C-Moon slice through the ropes tying Chiyo together and opened a door to Overhaul.

Chiyo walked inside, her entire body shaking.

Ohh... why did this have to happen now..

Pucci closed the door the moment she walked through the door frame.

"How foolish. As if someone like me could do that so easily. At least now that's done and taken care of. Now I'll check on the inventor girl."

He pulled out his phone and tapped on one of the applications.

The screen then projected the room he placed the camera in.

"Hm. Nothing yet. I would have assumed someone like her could've at least gotten started with the project after the last 24 hours."

The door to the room then opened, revealing a girl carrying a box of materials.

"Great.. looks like everything is going according to plan."

He turned off the phone and closed his eyes.

Once Overhaul is operational again, his destructive ability will no doubt be the perfect distraction for my plan.

"Then I will gain true knowledge.. 

The knowledge of the passage to Heaven!"
____________________________
"What the."

A man sitting at a desk with a computer in front of him clicked a small icon on the screen.

"Hey! Mr. Diamond."

A man with a strange haircut came walking by. His clothing decorated with new shining accessories.

"Yo, Hayato. Didn't I tell you to just call me Josuke? It's such a pain being so formal with my employees."