Chapter 58: Saving Grace

Y/N quickly turned around to see Uraraka pointing at Shigaraki. Her legs were shaking as she was bringing any amount of courage to try and protect Midoriya.

"Oh? So you have a friend with you? Sorry 'bout that. I'm off, then."

Shigaraki rose up slowly and walked past both Y/N and Uraraka.

He's just... walking away. What is that guy planning..

Uraraka ran towards Midoriya's side. She helped him up from the seat.

"Deku! Are you alright?"

"Yeah. I'm fine."

Midoriya pointed at Shigaraki as he just strode along.

"Wait, Tomura Shigaraki!

What is All For One after?"

"Who knows. More importantly, you should be careful. The next time we meet will likely be when I have decided to kill you."
____________________________
"So it really was him. Tomura Shigaraki, that weird hand freak from the attack on the USJ."

Uraraka put her hands up to her mouth.

"That was him? Why was he here with Deku?"

"Not sure. But there's nothing we can do now. He's already way out of our range at this point. It's also possible that the portal villain is with him."

"I guess so. But we can't just stand here and do nothing right?"

"It's all we can do."

Y/N heard footsteps approaching the three of them. He turned around to see Carl holding up a large pile of clothing that he took from the store.

"I'm back, Master Pucci. Is this a sufficient number of clothes for me?"

"That would be a bit much Carl. There's no need to go overboard. Let's go return some of these things."

Uraraka tilted her head to the left.

"Master? What does he mean by that?"

Y/N turned away from her.

"It would take too much of the valuable I need to explain it to you. Have fun with your own shopping spree."

Y/N walked away with Carl to the place where he got the clothes.
____________________________
"Now why did you think it was a good idea to steal from a retail clothing store?"

Carl nodded repeatedly bowed his head.

"Sorry. I just thought it would've been better to let you see what I picked out before buying them."

"Well it wasn't. There's nothing we can do about it now. Let's just hope that they'll still let us buy some stuff."

Y/N carried about half of the clothing that Carl picked out and brought it to the cashier.

"Hi. I'd like to buy these please."

The cashier stared at him blankly. Then she flicked a lever next to her. The light signifying that there was an active cashier turned off.

"Sorry sir. I'm on my lunch break."

The woman walked off into another part of the store.

Y/N turned around to Carl.

"See, now they won't even serve us. This is why you don't just walk off with a pile of clothes."

"Sorry master."

"It doesn't matter now. Let's just go to another store around here. It's a mall after all. There's bound to be another clothing shop somewhere."
____________________________
Y/N walked out of the next store with a bag full of T-shirts and shorts.

"I should really give you some money for your own needs. And maybe some just in case the kid needs something."

"There's no need. I think I can take care of them myself."

"You don't understand. What if you run out of food because I forgot to buy groceries. What would you do then. No, you need the money."

Y/N took out his wallet and withdrew 3 twenty dollar bills.

"I can give you more later, but I'm sure this is enough for now."

Carl looked down at the money in his hands. Tiny droplets of tears fell onto the bills in his hands.

"Thank you. Thank you for everything you've done for me. You saved me from the streets and brought me into your home. Then you buy clothes for me. But most importantly of all. You gave me another chance at life. I finally have a second chance."

Now that Carl had mentioned it, Y/N had rarely given chances to other people during his life. It was kind of... concerning.

"And now I have a Quirk. I finally have a purpose! Even God himself didn't give me a Quirk when I was birthed. I always hoped that my Quirk would awaken later in life, and I guess it never did. And because of this, I swear my loyalty to you, master Pucci."

Y/N smirked.

Master Pucci. I like the sound of that..

"It really was nothing my child. It was my duty as a child of God. But enough of this talk. Let's continue on our way home. It's almost time for dinner."

As Y/N pressed the pedestrian button, Carl saw a little girl running for a plastic ball bouncing across the street.

Carl jumped after her without any hesitation. A truck came barreling towards the little girl.

"What the? WAIT SHIT."

The man inside the truck tried to swerve out of the way of the child, but the truck was already moving too fast to stop.

Carl wrapped himself over the girl and closed his eyes.

.
.
.

"What on Earth do you think you're doing."

Carl slowly opened his eyes and looked to the voice.

Y/N stood there with Whitesnake carrying the front of the truck. Whitesnake threw the truck aside and picked up Carl by the hip.

"Let's just get out of here before the truck driver can see us."

"Sorry..."

"Just... shut it."
____________________________
Y/N put all the supplies he bought from the mall into a suitcase.

He fell back right onto his bed after finishing.

It had already been a long day. Especially because of Carl.

How does he always get himself into trouble.

Y/N was starting to regret bringing Carl into his home. Was it really worth the trouble?

Y/N turned to his side.

"I'll just have to try and make him useful."

But unbeknownst to him, Carl was right outside his door. His face turned to a frown as he heard this.

It's all because of me...

I won't fail him next time!
__________________________
Hey everyone! Sorry for the really long delay on the recent updates. But expect them to come more quickly from now on.

Me after finally finishing finals

Anyways, have a good mother fuckin day!