Chapter 59: Day at the Pool

Y/N was laying in his bed when his phone vibrated on his bedroom table. He turned over to his side and grabbed his phone.

"What's this? Midoriya wants to go to the pool with the other students for endurance training?"

Y/N groaned.

"How troublesome. I was hoping to relax at home today, maybe pray a bit.

I could tell them later that I couldn't make it because I had other plans, but I would have to go through all that trouble making such an elaborate lie."

He threw his blankets off of him and stood up.

Before opening his window curtains, Y/N knelt down to his knees and did his routine morning prayer.

He then walked to the bathroom and forced Whitesnake to clean him up.

Lazy bastard

Once Y/N was completely finished, he opened the bedroom door and walked out into the hallway. A strong smell was drifting in the air.

But well, strong doesn't mean good.

"Who's trying to burn down the house."

He peeked into the kitchen and saw Carl trying to cook something up. Emphasis on trying.

"Sorry master, I just wanted to."

"Just... ugh. Get rid of the fire using your Quirk. I'll handle breakfast from now on."

"But I thought-"

"It's to control, not make."

"But that's not what I was-"

"Just hurry up with it already."

Carl held his hands close to the fire and closed his eyes.

A few moments later, the fire slowed down and disappeared.

"I got it!"

"Nice, now get yourself cleaned up."

Carl ran off towards the bathroom. Y/N sighed and shook his head.

"I'm starting to doubt my decision."

A light tug at his cloak took his attention. Y/N looked down and saw Dio Jr.

"What are you doing here? This isn't a safe place for you."

Y/N carried Dio Jr. to the living room and set him down on the couch.

"There you go. Now then, where did that dog go."

A faint digging sound was heard by Y/N from outside the window. He walked over and opened the window.

"How on Earth did he get out here?"

Iggy was outside in the front of his apartment building digging a hole in one of the grass patches.

"How?! I locked all the doors and windows last night. How did that dog get out here?"

He jumped out the window and picked Iggy up by the scruff.

"Get back in her you fool, and don't go digging up around here. I don't want them catching me with a pet."

Y/N took the dog inside and made a mental reminder to buy a cage for Iggy the next time he went to the store.

He sighed again.

"Just woke up and have to deal with all of this. I'm already tired from this. When was it that I could escape from here?"

Y/N looked down at his phone to see the time that Midoriya had told him to meet at.

"Let's see, that message was... 3 hours ago? Oh shit..."