Chapter 18: Two steps

__________________________
Y/N followed the girl quietly. He hid in the shadows to avoid her detection. He followed her until she stopped on top of a manhole cover. She lifted it and crawled inside. When she tried to pull the bag inside she noticed it was too large. She grabbed some money and shoved it into her pocket before going down the ladder. Y/N watched from an alleyway.

Tryna be slick?

Y/N followed the girl and climbed down into the sewers. He tiptoed behind the girl. She made a right, and then a left, and then after walking for a while, another right. Finally she made a left and reached a ladder. Y/N followed the girl up the ladder and out the manhole. When he looked around he saw a small house nearby.

Y/N saw the girl being the bag to a cellar. She unlocked the cellar and walked down inside. After a few seconds she came back up. The girl closed the cellar doors and locked the padlock. She walked around the house and through the back door.

Y/N stepped carefully through the grass in the front yard. He walked on the pathway and peeked through the window. What he saw shocked him. The girl he was chasing was completely...

In tears.

She was crying with her face buried inside the sheets of a bed. Looking at the bed, Y/N noticed a sickly man sitting at the head of the bed.

"I'm afraid my time has come Jolyne."

The girl lifted her face from the mattress. Gripping the sheets she said,

"You can't die yet! I finally have the money to help you!"

"Death is coming...and nothing we do can stop it. I have decided to take the curse. So I shall deal with the consequences."

At that moment Y/N burst through the window.

"Stop right there criminal scum!"

Jolyne turned to see Y/N.

"Shit! How did you find me!"

"I just followed you dumbass."

Jolyne stood there, dumbfounded by her idiocy.

"Now it's time for you to face your punishment!"

Y/N had Whitesnake charge forward and grab F/N's collar. Throwing her into the wall, Whitesnake brought back his arms for a barrage.

The man's eyes widened. A purple figure appeared behind him. He coughed up some blood on the bed. The man yelled,

"Star Platinum! Za Warudo!"

Everything stood in place. The blood droplets coming from Jolyne floated in the air.

"Time has stopped...Yare Yare (Good Grief)...before I pass, I at least need to contribute to something."

The man was about to attack Y/N before he noticed something in his hand. The object that was inside Y/N's hand...was a gun. Smoke from the barrel was still stuck in the air. The man turned around. His eyes filled with fear.

Three bullets...three bullets were heading straight towards Jolyne.

"Jolyne!!!!!"

A loud primal yell came from the man. He rushed to Jolyne's side and used Star Platinum to slap the bullets away. He tried to turn around but fell onto one knee. He saw blood dripping out from his mouth.

I've grown even weaker.

"Time...time has started to move once more."

Time moved back in its original place. The bullets that were slapped away made holes into the wall. Y/N smiled, his plan had worked.

"Two steps...you were two steps too late!"

Jolyne saw her father pressed up against the wall.

"No!! Take it easy...you'll be fine."

The man raised his head with a smile on his face. His eyes were looked so at peace. His face alone conveyed love.

"I've always cherished you...Jolyne..."

The man's head drooped down. The hat he wore fell onto the floor. Jolyne faced Y/N with a furious aura around her.

"You have...GENUINELY ANGERED ME!!!"

Stone Free jumped in front of Y/N. She pulled her arm back and thrust forward. The fist was going directly to Y/N's chest, yet he made no attempt to block.

Multiple ribs broke upon impact. All the air left inside his lungs flew out. Luckily he wasn't impaled. His body was thrown back and into a wall. Y/N fell into his bottom. He saw Jolyne standing above him.

"Before I beat you to a pummel, let me ask you something...why didn't you block my attack?"

Y/N pointed to another wall. As soon as his hand went up, Stone Free slammed her fist down and broke his hand. Y/N yelled in pain.

"Don't try to distract me!"

Y/N was able to force some words out.

"Your father...he needed...help.."

Jolyne looked at her father's body. She saw Whitesnake standing right above him with two discs in his hand. The man's eyes were white. He had two holes in his head where the discs should be.

"What did you do to my father bastard?!"

"My stand...Whitesnake...can take attributes and put them in discs....If I take both...the memory and stand discs....They go into a coma. The victim will be frozen in their previous state."

Jolyne face darkened. When she faced Y/N again, tears were running down her face.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner? I could've killed you idiot!"

Y/N chuckled before closing his eyes. He tried to open them but to no avail. His consciousness was fading...
____________________________
When Y/N woke up, he saw Jolyne sitting on a chair next to him. When he tried to sit up his chest surged in pain. Jolyne put her hands on his shoulder to put him back onto the bed.

"Don't try to move your body. It's just gonna hurt more. Since you woke up, tell me where you live. I don't want you to stay here any longer than you have to."

"Cmon, is that any way to speak to the man that saved your father?"

"You also almost killed him."

"'Almost!'"

They both chuckled a bit.

"That reminds me...I've never properly introduced myself. My name is Jolyne."

"Y/N...I would shake your hand but I'm kind of in a pickle right now."

Jolyne smiled.

"My father has been sick for quite a while. The doctors say that his illness is completely unknown. I would ask for Shining Sapphire to help but it's too late for that."

"No worries, I'm sure I can help you with that."

"You can?!"

"Yeah, just bring me home tomorrow. I need to get some things."

"Alright...but you should rest now. Thanks again."

Y/N's mind drifted off. He closed his eyes and began to dream. It was a good dream, one full of sheep and horses. Strange white horses covered with clocks, but still horses...
__________________________
I really wanted to say naked after completely. Also sry for changing Whitesnake's ability a bit. Also if you think Jolyne is the main love interest. You are correct! Sry if I disappointed some of you. Anyways, have a good mother fuckin day!