Chapter 49: Montage

The next few days, Y/N spent the whole time training all day and night with Vanilla Ice. Polnareff said he was too old for this stuff.

"Hit harder!"

Cream smacked Y/N's back again. Y/N hit the boulder even harder. Even after the huge rock was broken down to dust, Y/N kept hammering the ground with his bare hands. Whitesnake blocked every attack made by Cream from behind Y/N.

Vanilla Ice tried to punch Y/N's face, only to meet with empty air. Y/N and Whitesnake defended against the dual assault of Ice and Cream. Y/N attempted to swipe at Vanilla Ice. He ducked and swiftly uppercutted.

"Control yourself! Again!"

Y/N stood up once more. He walked to another large rock and started to begin the routine all over again.
____________________________
"Hold it! Hold it! HOLD IT!"

Y/N struggled to keep his breath underneath the water surface. Bubbles slowly rose from his mouth and to the surface where they popped into the air.

Finally, when Y/N was at the point of almost drowning, he rose from the barrel.

"Again! What if you have to save someone deep in the water!"

Y/N once again dunked his head into the water.
____________________________
"Don't give up yet!

Vanilla Ice kept hammering away at Y/N's body. Whitesnake tried desperately to block the incoming attacks.

"This isn't all you've got, is it?!"

Cream pulled Vanilla Ice into its mouth and disappeared.

"Not this again."

This was the second time that Y/N and Vanilla Ice have tried to spar. And this was the second time Y/N has seen this move. The first time, Y/N almost lost his legs.

The walls around Y/N were slowly carved out by some invisible force. He said it his hand down his pocket and grabbed something. Something rough.

"Take this! Pocket sand!"

Y/N threw the handful of sand into the air. The sand revealed a spherical object encircling him. A face popped out of the empty space.

"How does it feel to fight an opponent far stronger than you. Remember this feeling, as you will feel it every time you fight someone new."

The face was pulled back into the empty space and began circling around Y/N again. It grew closer every second.

"Dammit. How do I counter something like this."

Y/N started to get a bit frustrated.

"No. Calm down. Calm down. Think of something else too cool off. Like uh. The prime numbers! That's a start. 2,3,5,7.. That's it!"

Whitesnake dug out a hole in the ground and threw Y/N in. He then covered the hole with dirt, only leaving a small pocket of air for Y/N to reside in.

Whitesnake phased through the rubble and dug out a similarly sized hole a few feet away.

After a while, Y/N heard a bit of talking above him.

"Hm? Where did he go? He isn't dumb enough to be erased so easily. So unless I'm mistaken, he has to be...."

Y/N felt something impact the ground next to him.

"Here!"

"No. Right here!"

Whitesnake grabbed Vanilla Ice's leg and pulled him down. Y/N jumped up from the ground. Whitesnake was about to take a disc from Vanilla Ice's buried leg with he heard a crack.

"Don't get too cocky."

Vanilla Ice has chopped off his own leg! Cream threw away its user far away from Y/N. It then swallowed Vanilla Ice and started a path straight towards Y/N's body still in the air.

"Whitesnake! Give me an empty disk!"

Whitesnake placed a disc into his hand.

"You fell for it Ice! I command you to explode!"

Y/N was about to throw the disc at Cream's sphere of void when the ball completely erased his bottom half.

Vanilla Ice immediately jumped out of Cream's mouth.

"It's over."

"Not yet!"

Y/N still managed to throw the disc straight at Vanilla Ice's head despite his injury.

"Take this!"

Vanilla Ice suddenly blow up! His organs painted the floor of the arena. The ground was filled with red.

"I know you'll be able to regenerate from that. But I'm taking this as a win."

Y/N inserted a disc into his head. The erased half grew back gradually.

Vanilla Ice's organs slowly crawled back together into its human form again. The clothing that he usually wore was left in pieces on the floor.

"You seem to be ready. Let's head back up."
____________________________
Polnareff swivels around on his chair.

"So... you really think you're ready? For this final test."

Vanilla Ice nodded.

"He's ready for it."

"Well then. Let us begin...."
____________________________
Polnareff rolled onto the stage.

"You look a lot more... refined than before. Looks like you finally learned some discipline? Or was that training just that? Training."

Y/N has seen this situation before. Polnareff on his fragile chair surrounded by a circle he drew in the dirt.

"I'm not losing this time."

"I guess we'll see, won't we."

Silver Chariot materialized next to Polnareff in a shimmering light.

"Let's get this going."

Y/N took out a gun out from his pocket and shot at Polnareff exactly 4 times.

"Doing this again? I thought you gre-"

Polnareff wasn't able to get another word out as Whitesnake's fist made contact with Silver Chariot's gut.

"ACk"

Now he's gonna strike my head when I'm hunched over!

Silver Chariot guarded its face, only to fall over from a force beneath him.

He struck my wheelchair?!

The frame that held up Polnareff broke away at the force impacting it.

Whitesnake then side kicked Silver Chariot away. Polnareff was sent flying into a nearby wall. The huge cloud of dust erupted from the wall the moment Polnareff touched it. But then, Y/N heard something not to dissimilar to several small explosions.

"Bravo! Oh, Bravo!"

Y/N looked in shock.

"That's right! This is my stand without its armor!"
__________________________
Hey guys! Happy winter break! Or just happy weekend for those of you who have jobs. Hope you are all doing well! As I said before, I'll probably update more frequently over the next 2 weeks.

Anyways, have a good mother fuckin day!