Chapter 79: Not so Bad

Instinctively, Pucci pulled out his pistol and started blasting.

Overhaul heard the shots and quickly swung both him and the girl into cover.

"What the hell are you doing?!"

"I was happy to join forces, but this is just too far! I'm not teaming up with a pedophile!"

"Wait wait, you don't understand."

The shots stopped. Overhaul stepped out from the bed frame that was covering them.

"I'm her father."

And then the rain of fire continued.

"That's way worse!"

Overhaul snuck behind the other side of the bed frame and jumped at Pucci.

"I'll just force you down!"

But when he got close enough to touch Pucci's skin, Pucci weaved out of the way and threw his gun at Overhaul's head.

His forehead stung as he was stunned from the surprisingly immense force coming from the throw. C-Moon followed up with a kick to his torso.

"Ack!"

A hole shaped in Overhaul's image was planted into the wall.

Pucci grabbed his pistol from the floor and pointed it at Overhaul's forehead.

"Time for you to face your crimes."

"Wait! I can explain."

"I don't listen to people of your kind."

"No seriously, I can explain it all. It's not what you were thinking."

Pucci was about to reject it once more, but hesitated. He wasn't at any risk anyways. May as well hear his story before sending him for God to judge.

"Fine, better have a good reason behind this."
____________________________
"So you're telling me... you're using a little girl to make products to rid the world of Quirks."

"Yes."

".... Alright, that makes complete sense."

"It does?"

"Yep. Sounds about right. At least you have a greater goal in mind."

Pucci and Overhaul were now sitting down a few feet apart from each other inside a different room. Overhaul spoke up again.

"So... are we good?"

"Yeah we're good."

"Great.. Oh right. I need to ask you something. Why didn't you lose your Quirk when we shot you?"

"Apparently, your daughter's quirk doesn't affect stands."

"Stands?"

"Manifestation of your soul. It's like a Quirk, but better."

"I see.."

"You don't understand do you."

"No I understand. It's your soul power. Meaning that only mental attacks will work, not something that reverts you back physically."

Pucci sighed.

"Close enough."

"How interesting."

Pucci put his elbows on his knees and joined his hands under his chin.

"Now that I've told you my ability, mind telling me about yours?"

"You've barely told me anything. Here, how about I give you the same treatment.