Chapter 4

Taehyung's POV

I woke up with a serious headache. My eyes were tired and my head ah, I don't remember a thing. What's this? Where am I? I hold my head with my palm. I tried to rub my pain off but it wouldn't work not until I felt a gentle carrace on my forehead. I slowly opened my eyes and what I see was a vivid figure infront of me. My eyes were widen at the sight.

"Who are you?"

"Taehyung-shi?"

"Who?"

"That's your name right?"

"I don't remember-"

"So it really happened.."

"What do you mean?"

"You are Kim Taehyung, age 24. You were supposed to die last night but unfortunately you survived your dead. Im loss at words. How is this possible?"

"What?"

"You may not believe me but it's true."

The white figure stopped talking. I couldn't tell anything about her gender whether she is male or female but the voice really gave me an eerie feeling. What is she supposed to be?

"Who are you?" It was the only thing I could thought.

"Im sure you have a lot of questions. But since you survived the accident, I'm sure you would not like to die again."

"But since you didn't die, now I'm in verge of death."

"What are you saying? Who are you?"

"I'm the grim reaper."

I couldn't believe my eyes. Grim Reaper and all are real? I could feel annoyed at her words. What's this feeling?

"Now that you are alive, why don't we sign a contract?" She smirks.

It was a lady for sure trying to play a petty games with me. A grim reaper? I don't believe it.

"Who are you trying to fool?" I said.

"Mr Kim Taehyung, you should listen to my words. Do you want to regain your memory?"

"No, I don't want to. Go away for god's sake. " I could feel my head bursting. This pain, it's coming again. No, I can't take this anymore.

"Are you sure?" She asked again.

"Just go!" I shouted at her. She didn't flinch a bit.

"As you wish, Kim Taehyung. Good luck with your new life. You will never regain your memories." She said and left.

I was numb. A female nurse arrived and asked about my situation. I couldn't say a thing. What the heck is happening? I felt sleepy. My brain couldn't survived that moment. Most possibly I fell asleep.

When I woke up, a person in a suit of doctor was checking my eyes with a torch.

"Patient, are you okay? Can you see this?" He asked.

I didn't say a thing. I don't remember anything that happened before except for that strange lady claiming to be a grim reaper.

"Who saved me?" I asked. I wanted to know this.

"I think its your girlfriend. The way she was worried, I'm sure it is." He said.

I have a girlfriend? Perhaps she knows about me, all and everything. She is the one who can help me out of this maze.

Without wasting any time, I wanted to go to her.

"Where is she?" I asked.

"Do you remember anything, patient?"

"No!" I said and tried to get out.

"Patient, you are supposed to rest." He tried to best to keep me there.

He showed me a finger or two, I answered them correctly. It was fustrating.

The doctor went out after checking my condition. The nurse beside me who was staring me was getting so annoying.

"Patient, do you know your name?"

"Kim Taehyung."

"You remember that? But not anything else?"

She asked too many questions and I'm not comfortable to answer any of them. Maybe she got that hint by the look from my face. She excused herself after feeding me some tablets.

I don't remember anything. What's happening to me and who am I? Is that really my name? Kim Taehyung, who the heck is that person?

Soon after sometime, I tried to get out of here. With no one on sight, I felt like escaping. But with this clothes, it was impossible.

There was still pain in my head. I must have hurt my head badly. That girl will probably know how I got hurt. That is why I need her. It was impossible to get out right now.

I laid back in the bed. I can't think anything anymore. I was tired. I slept again. It was noon when a nurse came and served me food.

"Where is my girlfriend?" I asked. She shooked her head. She doesn't know anything.

She is my girlfriend who is supposed to take care of me. Why the heck is she is not coming to check on me?

But what if she isn't actually my girlfriend? Nobody knows my identity. Could she be an abducter?

I was thinking deep when the nurse chuckled. I looked at her annoyed.

"Sorry but I think you are really handsome." She said shyly without looking at me.

It was getting boring. I don't know anything anymore. I felt asleep for the 6th time that day. I searched for some magazines and didn't found any Kim personality in there. The hope of being rich just fade away at sight.

After eating dinner, I slept again. She slept here last night. I wished she was here today again. But she never came. I heard she paid all my bills. She must be rich enough to pay the bill for a stranger or a sick boyfriend.

Next morning, I woke up refreshed than before. I wonder when I will be discharged. The first doctor who came to check on me yesterday never came back.

"Doctor Lee is currently in a vacation. But don't worry patient Kim Taehyung-shi from today Dr Seokjin is your attending doctor." The nurse said excitedly.

"Seokjin who?"

"Someone called me?" Dr Seokjin came in through the doorway with no smile on his face.

"Anneonghaseyo, myself Dr Kim Seokjin. I'm your attending doctor. From today I will check your conditions."

I nod my head slightly bending.

"Oh, you didn't forget any rituals." He said. He is good at catching things.

"I only lost my memory but not myself."

Dr Seokjin smirks at that.

"I like you. I think we can get along."

"I don't want to."

"Ya- you.." He was speechless for sure.

He checked my pulse and everything a doctor should do.

He was about to leave but looked back at me.

"It's rare for a person to remember only his name but nothing other than that."

Was he suspecting me? I'm not sure about this guy though but now I don't believe in myself too. I have too many questions yet with no answers.

Confused? Im sure everyone is. :)