chapter 32

Taehyung's POV

Taehyun disappeared in thin air. I searched him everywhere in the hospital but in vain I couldn't find him anywhere. Just as the last resort when I tried the hospital canteen, I bumped into Dr Jin.

"Whoa whoa watch where you- oh is that you Taehyung-ssi?" Dr Jin lifted his glasses twice to confirm.

"Dr Jin, you remember me?"

"Of course but where did you disappear last time?"

I was lost at words. I never thought about bumping into him, most of all if people actually remembered me. Dr Jin burst out laughing when I actually told him.

"Think about the people whom you forgot kiddo."

"I'm not a kid." I said even though the situation wasn't any funny.  He laughed again.

"Then are you looking for that girl?"

"Huh?"

"No way." Jin cupped his mouth acting shocked. "You forget her too?"

At first I was confused but then I realised what he was talking about.

"Your girlfriend. Everyone in the hospital were talking about you and her even though I haven't seen her. Is she even pretty?"

"sunsangnim, right now I-"

"Guess who paid the hospital bills?"

"She did."

"Who did?"

"My girlfriend did."

"Right. And what are you supposed to do in return?"

"I have to return the favour."

"For that you have to meet her, don't you?"

"Yes, you are correct but.."

"Are you still confused?"

"No, not that. I don't know where she lives."

"Ah that? I don't know."

"Then what am I supposed to do?"

"Oh I just remembered I have something to do in the emergency room."

"Wait Dr Jin."

Dr Jin left in hurry without looking back. He wasn't wrong about my selfish move that probably hurt Jisoo. I shouldn't have lied to her that I had someone I knew. But what I did is already done. What should I do? Apologise or return the favour? On the top I don't even know where she lives.

My stomach made some growling noise. I guess I need to fill him at least. While eating, my brain buzzed and an idea came out.

I forgot about Taehyun completely by the time I returned to the café that night. The café was closed and nobody was around. I secretly entered my room and locked the door. Good thing nobody was around and I had their duplicate key to the café.  I fell asleep as soon as I hit the bed.

Next morning, I woke up to the noise. I softly opened the door to see Jimin and Hobi. They had no idea that I was around so they talked like no one could hear them.

"SO WHAT?" I heard Jimin screamed.

"There's only one way. Get Kim Jisoo."

Jisoo? No, not her.

I couldn't heard anything else after that because they left the hall. I took a quick shower and got ready for my next move. I had to do something before they try to- wait, how did they know about Jisoo? I never told Jimin nor Hobi about her.

A sudden realisation hit me back to reality. This was not in fact a coincidence that I met Jimin the one who probably caused all these. The whole time Jimin knew about my identity and decided not to tell me because it was all a part of his planning. I, the one who forgot his memory from an accident was a perfect prey for covering all the happenings in the café.

"Are you done?"

The obnoxious feeling was back, so was the bright red dress or-

"Soyeon, your name is Soyeon is it?"

"So you know my name or did you just pretend? I'm not someone this easy to find but today is your last chance."

"Why are you here?"

"Are you dumb on purpose? I know what you know so.."

"So?"

"Let's shake hands for once and for all. Will that not help you at all?"

"That's true but-"

"Taehyung, you have nothing to lose except her. Help me eliminate him and I will leave your girl out of this?"

(After a long pause)

"I have one condition."

Soyeon smirks. "Spill."

Jimin's POV

"ARE WE REALLY DOING IT? FOR REAL?" Hobi said as we were dumping rest of the paperwork.

"we don't have a choice." I said as calmly as possible. I can't let him know anymore after all this. This is my last resort, my last opportunity and all I have to do is to kill him.

"I thought we would just use him and.."

"Hyung, do you know why I chose this path?"

"Jimin..."

"Because I had simply nothing to do."

"..."

"So you too."

"You should have applied for acting in human world." Hobi said laughing even in the situation like that.

"If I did, wouldn't they have caught me already by now."

"You have changed..."

"I have always been like this. In the corner where nobody could see me."

"Jimin, if we kill him won't that.."

"What do we have to lose?"

"We help criminals. It's a crime."

"We committed a crime so when is the officers coming to arrest us?  Can they even see us?" I flashed a smile sarcastically, more like a smirk I regret but I don't feel anything any more not even when I was a human.

"Right. This doesn't feels like a end." Hobi said. Something about the moment felt different. After destroying the drugs an hour ago, we were now resting beside the riverside. I wonder why I did that. Was it the guilt or peace before the storm?

"I'm glad we didn't send them. Taehyung could have send us behind the bars."

"He won't."

"Do you know him too well?"

"Are you giving up? It doesn't seem like you, hyung."

"To be honest, I liked the café."

"Too bad it was just fake."

"We earned a good amount of money. Where is it going?"

"I don't know."

"Too bad."

"Now if Taehyung returns we.."

"Do you think he will return even after this?"

"He better not then."

A/N I doubt if someone's heart can change in a second or I wonder whether it even started to change when I thought it did.

Confusion may arise but I'm telling right away that Jimin is one mysterious character, don't judge him too quick. He's different.

(I will be adding phrase like that a lot from now on)

yours, author