chapter 17

Jisoo's POV

"Aunty one more bottle of soju and gobchang please?" Jennie said, looking back at the ajumma who almost had no time for most of her customers.

"Ye." She replied.

We were in the corner of a popular streetfood restaurant. We ordered two bottles of soju which was finished in less than 15 minutes. We were kind of chilling on our own after skipping the dinner with our classmates.

"They suck." Jennie said. She was drunk.

"Who?" I asked though I already knew who.

"How could he do that to you? That guy is seriously an idiot."

"Are you still thinking about that?"

"I just can't get this outta my mind. I thought he was really serious this time."

"I know right. I wonder if he was really serious about that."

An image of Taehyung appeared on my mind. My brain automatically took me to our last moment together. Who could have been that person he had to meet?

"I wonder if he is doing well or not." I blurted out my thought and then kicked myself mentally for being so blunt. But Jennie took it another way.

"Why are you so worried about him? That's Seulgi's duty now."

"Was it ever mine?" I said and we both went silent. The atmosphere felt strange along with the little murmurs of other people taking in the restaurant. I looked around to see them. Sometimes they amuse me with their actions. They are all so busy in their own life but ends up being the same at the end of the day.

We never know what someone is going through. It is so wrong to judge someone without any knowledge. But still there's always someone who never regrets doing the same.

"What do you mean? It's already nine. past right now."

"Ajumma, can't you just let me once?" I begged her yet again.

"You have already paid your debt but that doesn't means that you will break other rules too."

"This is not right. I am already here."

"Just go somewhere else. I hate people with such manner."

"Ajjumma!"

"Don't make noise here. My son is sleeping right now."

"Your son? What does that have to do with me?"

"Do you know why I made such rules? You don't have any idea how much I suffered because of you young people."

She said something I couldn't unheard. Indeed everyone has their own reason but why is it me everytime?

I was finally let in but with a condition. It was me who came up with that decision. Jin oppa was right about one thing. I should be grateful that I survived. Our parents would have been really be happy if they knew that we survived. But only if they knew.

"I'm selling this apartment. The doctors already said that he have only a month to live. There's no way that there will be a miracle to save his life. You are the last tenant anyways. You might not have realised but there's no one left here now."

"But-"

"This is all I can do. You have time till tomorrow. I should have probably told you before but didn't know how to."

"Ajjumma..."

"Sleep well." She said before she shut the door close. I was speechless.

I breathed deeply through my mouth and laid my head and face towards the ceiling. Why is life like that? Like a maze?