chapter 15

Life is all about ups and down. But sometimes people can only witnessed the downs neglecting the bright side. Sometimes we don't know when and how things happens. It's complicated and as always we are expected to solve it like a mystery.

Why is our life so unpredictable? Why is it so hard? Why can't we be happy even for sometimes?

Just the moment he was about to enter a new era of his own life, he was introduced to a thing called 'hurt'. He was hurt but not when he was getting used to her but then he wondered if she was hurt or not. He thought of her when he should have think about himself. He didn't cared about himself  the way he did for her. He felt that. He felt the difference in him as days passed, the moment they spend together. He didn't wanted to get used to because he wasn't sure. He needed a reason and that didn't even existed.

He thought it was for her best to leave her. He thought that he was being a burden to her in her life. What could have happened if he didn't met her? What would have happened if she took a different route instead of a shortcut? Would he still be alive like now in this dark world?

"Excuse me, do you want to work or not?" a man around his forties asked, his hands were covered with heavy dust even though he was wearing those thick gloves.

"Ye." Taehyung said as he proceeds towards the construction site where he recently started working as a part timer.

"Is this your first time?"

"Yes."

"Do you think you can take the load?"

"Of course, I will work hard..." He said those words even though he wasn't sure of himself.

"Hmm, I'm taking you in because we are lacking in manpower. Work hard and you will receive your amount by the end of the day." The boss, who seem to be the manager warned Taehyung of all sorts of warnings. Taehyung made him believe that he can do it.

He thought it wasn't a big deal to carry those sacks but as soon as he pick the first one, he knew he was trying for the worst but still didn't gave up. He didn't wanted to depend on others. He reminded himself that there was none in the world for him even Jisoo-ssi who stayed with him, took care of him for days. He remembered her and her words. It gave him the confidence he needed. He tried again and this time he did it. His back started to pain after several turns. At first he was slower than other workers but then he picked up the speed he needed. It was by lunch time, he had his second meal. The meal wasn't that good as Jisoo's. He realised how he already missed her food which he tasted for the first time that day.

"Am I doing the right thing?" He wondered as he kept staring at his food.

"what's up?" someone came and patted his pained back.

"Ahh..."

"Oh are you okay?" The guy asked as Taehyung clutched his back.

"I'm fine." Taehyung said as he continues to eat the food they were served. He acted like as if he wasn't hurt.

"Good to know. What's your name?"

Taehyung eyes slightly narrowed at the guy he was talking to.

"Nevermind if you don't want to."

Taehyung kept quit as the guy continues to watch him eat.

"What's your problem?"

"Nothing."

"Tsk. Annoying."

"What?"

"Get lost, can you?"

"Ya, I work here too. It's not your property." He said as he stood up and then left.

Taehyung didn't mind. He wanted to be alone. He didn't wanted to care for some nobody but he felt bad once he was all alone. 

By evening, everyone recieved their pay including Taehyung. His face brighten a bit when he felt his hard earned money in his hands. He had to come again to work the next day to earn the same amount of money as he did today.

Everyone left as soon as they received their money but Taehyung..he didn't had any place to go and live. He wondered his next destination. He walked into a random direction. After walking for a while, he heard some noises from a nearby dark alley. At first he hesitated to go near but then ended up following the sound he was getting.

Thud!

It was the sound of someone getting several kicks and hits at the same. He then saw a person getting bullied by some goons. Taehyung was shocked.

He intended to help the guy but then siren of police was heard. As soon the goons heard the siren, they ran away leaving the injured guy in the streets. Taehyung quickly ran towards the guy who wasnt much hurt from getting hits. His face was unrecognisable as there were no street lights around. Taehyung didn't asked if he was okay or not but instead carried him somewhere safe.

Nearby that area was a park. Taehyung took him there and put the guy to rest in one of the benches. That is when he recognised the injured person due to the bright streetlights.

It was the same guy with whom he was being bit rude that afternoon. Taehyung didn't know what to do so he just decided to wait for him until wakes up. He didn't had any places to go anyway so he sat beside him.

Half an hour later or so, the guy slowly gained his conciousness. He sat up and look around to see the location he was in. He was looking around when his eyes slowly fell into Taehyung whom he thought as a ghost for a moment.

"Ahhhhh, what are you?"

"a person." Taehyung said.

"You are that...you are that rude guy."

"What?"

"What did you do to me?"

"I didn't do anything. You were injured and unconscious so I bought you here."

"Okay." The guy said when he remembered the last thing happened with him in his memories. "Where are we now?"

"In a park."

"Did they saw you?"

"Who?"

"Thank goodness. They didn't saw so you are safe. Let's go back to our own ways. Bye!"

"I don't have anywhere to go."

"Why? Don't you live in home?"

"I don't have."

"Are you homeless?"

"You can say like that." Taehyung said.
"I was planning to sleep here for the night anyways." He realised how he was in a hospital bed ever since he woke up. A home...he wondered if he ever lived in one.

"Aish..you are making me feel bad. Follow me." The guy said as he stretched his hands.

"What?"

"I will help you."

"Why?"

"Why...because you helped me. I should return your favour, shouldn't I?" He said as he walks out of the park. Taehyung who didn't know what to do followed the guy from behind.

"Do you know ghost lives in that park?"

"What?"

"You don't know? What a pity!"

"I don't think so."

"Do you believe in ghosts?"

He doesn't know whether he should reply yes or no because he already faced one devil perhaps ghost really exist.

"Maybe." He said and the two went off somewhere in the middle of the city.