Chapter 25

Jisoo's POV

Yesternight, Irene unnie came home upset. I wonder what happened to her. Today i have an important presentation. I wonder if Irene unnie will be fine on her own or not. She seems to be upset with something I'm not aware. Hope everything gets well at the end of the day.

As I closed my journal, Jennie popped out from nowhere. "What's up?" She asked.

"Uh nothing.. where's Jungkook?"

"Idk he will be here any moment I guess."

"Okay."

"Hmm.."

"What?"

"Is something going on?"

"What are you- oh Jungkook!"

I leaped off my seat and waved my hand at the guy who just came through the main door. He stepped closer to sit beside me and Jennie as she scanned his outfit.

"What's this? Black?"

"Uh..I like black." He said and turned towards me to speak. I was suspicious. I knew Jennie so well that I could tell from her face what she was thinking. And I know what's on her mind right now. I was about to tell but then professor Namjoon arrived and started our project submission.

°°°

Irene's POV

"What am I even doing here?" Yoongi said as he scanned the interrogation room. He looked sheepish for a moment. I almost gave away everything for this guy.

Woke up late, got scolded for coming late. Depressed since last night. What could have been better? At least, we got Yoongi and somewhere in this case.

"Hi, I'm Irene. I'm in charge of your friend's case." I introduced myself to the person in front of me.

"Which friend? I do have a lots of friends. Not much but there are."

"Kim Taehyung."

"What about him? He isn't in drugs, is he?"

"Only if he is present at this moment."

"What do you mean?"

"There's only one meaning. Your friend, Kim Taehyung is missing or most probably no more."

"What the heck!?"

Yoongi was inexpressive for a while. He looked at me, shocked. I wasn't taking that in.

"I'm sure you know him pretty well since he was last seen in your car."

"What? My car?"

"Anyways, what's your relation with Kim Taehyung"

"We are school friends. Anyways, did you went to his home?"

"We didn't yet went that far.."

"What type of detectives are you all? My friend is missing and you all-

"Calm down, sir. We didn't found him in the citizen records.. perhaps..he.." Miyeon said.

"Yea, Taehyung doesn't have a citizenship here but he do have his parents home."

"Okay! Where is it?"

"Miseuteori point."

Later after gathering enough information from Yoongi and sending him away, Miyeon and I were dumped on several duties.

"We got a lot to do today, sunbae-nim." Miyeon chimmed. She was the most energetic today while we had a meeting with the chief.

"Yeah." It was tough but I did my job perfectly. Things were starting to get interesting after meeting an interesting person.

People around Kim Taehyung,

Min Yoongi, age 25.
Runs his own business in city Z.

Yoongi spoke, "Kim Taehyung. There's so much about him to know but too bad, he is kinda of reserved even though he was popular."

Background detail?

"Kim Taehyung lost his parents at a young age in an arson case. His only family at that time was his sister who went missing few years back. After losing his parents, he lived quite a reserve life in his only relative's home. They were none other than Taehyung's father's only brother who obviously took his dad's company after their death. The company that Mr Kim made with his own hard work. Anyways, I only met Taehyung 7 years back in high school. He and his cousin used to come together. I really thought his relatives were terrible after knowing his background. It was hard enough to earn his trust but I got it anyways. His aunt was rather nice and I don't know about the uncle because I never met him. That's all about his family background."

Does he has any enemies?

"No, he doesn't. For sure. Or if he does then they gotta be the girl's ex, jealous because Taehyung was way more popular than you think. He was rich, handsome like a prince charming. Everywhere he went, a huge crowd of girls would follow. Because of him, I dated a few girls but it didn't went well."

What about his residence?

"And about his parents home, there are two of them. One of them is where his uncle's family is staying. Oh, it's not because they were poor something but as per what I remember, it was gifted to him by Taehyung's father before he died."

What do you think about Taehyung and his disappearence?

"If you ask about my thoughts on Taehyung personally, he was an ambivert and trully a nice guy. Even though he broke several girl's heart by turning them down, he never ever did anything bad to anyone. I wonder what happened to him. He was living peacefully abroad but what was he even doing here? Something's wrong. Please find my brother as soon as possible. I believe he is alive somewhere."

I sat down and took notes. Yoongi didn't seemed like the one who lies. But if he does, I will see him later. The main priority right now was to check his parents home one of which was likely to be destroyed in the arson case. But the main question, why did Kim Taehyung returned back to his home country if he was living peacefully abroad when nobody called him back? What could have been the reason?

And on the top, Yoongi was never aware of his friend's presence in his hometown..