Chapter 5

3rd person POV

A lady with a beautiful appearance standing at the edge of the rooftop of Myungsung Hospital. The night view of the city looked like an absolute delight which highlighted the foxy features of her face. She was wearing a black suit as usual.

"This is getting out of hand." She said talking to the air.

"Are you afraid?" Not so far away, another lady who was too standing on the cliff as well said to her without looking. She was grinning at the beautiful sight of the city.

"Don't give me that face. I'm about to die."

"Fool you already died! Don't you want to be reincarnated?" She said this time staring at her cold face.

"That's impossible and that is why I'm doing this."

"So you pretended to be a grim reaper when you are actually a devil."

"I felt like doing that at the moment and now I regret."

"Why did you even went there? You could have just killed him right on the spot."

"I know right? But because of someone, I couldn't."

"That's why give up. Nothing's going to change. No one can change the fate nor future."

"Anyways, I'm off. Im going to meet my partner." She said before she jumpee off the cliff. "Devils like us don't have to worry about fear anymore. We are fear of human itself."

"True but what was I supposed to do? All I can do is to change. I have to change their fate before they meet even if it sounds like a bad idea."

She was a devil. She has no heart. Because devils are just another face of evils. She have a pair of red eyes for which she has to hide from human existence. No matter what her job defines her identity. But there was a time when this devil was a human too but pathetic.

"Is that a new lens?" One of the young guys in the dense crowd of the market checked her out from head to toes.

"She got a nice figure. Date her!"

"Bro, I'm committed. I wished I had met her earlier.

She hears those line at least 10 times a day. It was fustrating but what makes devils feel happy was processing a human or two. That day too she processed a weak nurse who was tired death from her late night duty. She stumbled upon her body on the way and flopped on the floor. Without wasting any time, the devil took her chance. Coincidentally, she saw Jisoo on the way who asked about that mortal's health. She was lucky that day. She came up with her own plans to change impossible fate. She lied and that fragile girl believed too. Everything was easy.

"Humans are fool." She said as she reached a convenience store. She was looking for a perfect prey. A girl in her twenties who looked pretty shy and reserved seems to get the devil's attention.

Meanwhile, Kim Jisoo was at home doing her classwork. She wondered about the man she saved last night. She checked the time. It wasn't much dark out there yet. She needs to check something.

5:30 pm, the same dark alley

Jisoo stood at the area where she found him a day or two ago. His blood was still visible. It didn't rained last night but something about today's weather did said that it will rain tonight. She took a step. The area was indeed dark and not many people comes.

It was getting scary but Jisoo wouldn't budged from her plan. She still thinks that he was robbed but it didn't went well with her imagination. What the heck was he doing here? She was curious. Something was definitely off right here. Soon, after taking few turns, she stopped. She gasped at the sight of people swarming around something she couldn't see from a distance.

"What's going on?" She thought. Well she almost reached the place. To her surprise, she overheard a few middle aged people talking.

"What happened here?" One of them asked.

"As usual a crime." The other replied.

Crime? This was getting interesting and scary all of a sudden.

"Someone must have been in an accident. The person hit his car in the pole and burn it before running away."

"Aigoo, this place always gives me chill."

"That is what it is. Let's go and have soju."

The two people left. Jisoo was more curious than before. Could that person be him? If it's him, then why?

She was about to leave when suddenly a detective in a grey t-shirt involved with the investigation called her name.

"Kim Jisoo-shi?"

"Ah, Irene unnie?"

"Orenmanida, Jisoo. How's your brother?"

After all this time, she was still thinking of Seokjin.

"He is doing great as usual."

"That's a relief. In our days, he was crackhead."

"Bold of you to assume that his crackhead virus disappeared."

With that, the two girls started laughing.

"It's been awhile, I laughed like this. But what are you doing here? Perhaps, do you know anything?"

"Not at all. I was just on my way home."

"Jisoo-shi, don't tell me you are taking a shortcut from here. As you can see, this is a dangerous place. Not many people came here."

"It's alright, detective Irene. You can drop the formalities."

"Then I hope you do the same." She said chuckling.

"Of course." Jisoo said grinning. Her 4D personality is what works in different situations.

Afte exchanging numbers, the two of them bade each other bye.

"Im a little too busy this days. Let's meet sometimes in a while."

"Sure. I will bring Seokjin oppa too."

"Will he be happy to see me?"

"That depends on your performance." Jisoo winks at her. She knows her way. Perhaps, they can get back together.

Detective Irene was her brother's classmate since high school. They were friends and then eventually got in relationship. But just before the final exams, Irene unnie to broke up with Seokjin oppa. At that time, Seokjin was a total crackhead with no ambition even though he was cool in studies. He decided to be doctor to show her off. Jisoo wonders how her oppa will react when they meet again.
She walks back home when on the way it rains.

Little drops of rain dripped down her sleeves. To her bad luck, she didn't brought her umbrella. Thankfully, she reached the bus stop before she completely gets wet.

Jisoo was waiting for her bus when a familiar sight of a person made her curious. A person in blue shirt and dark trouser was coming towards to her direction. It took her more than a minute, to realise until he was completely visible to her.

The man she saved that day. The one probably related to the accident that occured in the middle of the dark alley. Jisoo couldn't stop herself but run towards him who barely can stand. He was about to fall when at the exact moment she held him in close her arms. She took a glance at his face. The tired state of the guy surely made her pity him.

"Why are you here? I was looking for you." She said.

He didn't said anything. He just smiled in his consciousness.

"Found you." He said getting in a deep sleep.

"You never fail to surprise me." She said dialing the number of ambulance once again.

A/N💫

Grammatical mistakes may occur.

Slow updates alert!

(• ▽ •;) hope u all enjoying.