Chapter 27

Case#321
Victim#KimTaehyung
Status#Missing

Irene's POV

My head started to hurt so bad that I wanted to jump inside the quilt of my bed which was 10 miles away from where I was right now. I looked over the case documents again and again. Few minutes back, Min Yoongi called to filed a missing complaint of his friend. With this action, I guess I'm lowering a bit of guard against him. He is too good to be an enemy or is it just my thoughts? Now the chief won't do anything I hope so. Seeing the status of him, he better not.

Kim Taehyung lost his parents. I guess he was the only kid of his parents. Ah, missing sister. Another case. The arson case too.. Yoongi said Taehyung never mentioned him the dates in detail. The location is also unknown so we can't move any forward. Whatever the questions were, the answers mostly seem to be at his parents home. I wonder if his parent's death was any normal.

Also, now this case have gotten pretty deeper that my head is gonna burst. Miyeon got me some medicines as I was about to go.

"Thank you."

"No problem, sunbae. Come soon or else you will be late."

"Yeah." I said.

Not that I wanted to go meet the criminals but I had another plans in my mind. I had to ask those thugs many questions regarding this typical case. Not that they are also related. It won't hurt if I ask them something out of box since they know a bit of secrets here and there. They might give up if I dig more.

I stood up and went to the interrogation room. I thank the guy in charge, he was a friend of mine. He agreed to let me question them but only for sometimes.

Thankfully, the leader wasn't the quiet type. He was rather like a volcano eruption. He might spill some beans in middle, I wish.

"What do you want now?" He asked when he saw me. He knew my face pretty well from the first sight.

"I guess you remember me."

"Of course the one who caught me."

"Look, I want to confirm a few things. Please co-operate."

"Not again. My men and I gave up. That's it."

"Why so?"

"How many times are you all going to ask me? They didn't wanted me."

"You mean, your real boss."

"Yeah. I don't know their face. We were just assigned by a mystery man who had the robotic voice."

"Did that robotic voice told you to harass the locals?"

"That's how I had to live. We had no choices."

I guess that's how a criminal's mind works. They really have nothing in positive.

"Hmm...where were you on the day of May 25?"

It was tricky. I just had to take my chance. If it works then-

"I was doing my job. Sleeping. In a day off."

He answered really quick. Guess he was already prepared but that was bit suspicious.

"So you were still under that robotic in that while, right?"

He didn't answers.

"I will assumed it as yes."

He scoffed.

"Why don't you think a bit more? Perhaps you did more than sleeping?" I asked him again.

"I don't think it's related to my case. What happened on that day though?"