Chapter 8

Jisoo's POV

I don't know what I was doing these days but sometimes I really question myself- what the heck I am doing?

It was the weekend, the time when I mostly dedicate myself to part time jobs. Seokjin oppa is working really hard in his job so I can't be the only one lazying around. I have to study harder so that i don't have to depend on oppa for everything. All this years he helped me enough. It's time that I, as a sister should repay my brother.

But here I was, in front of Kim Taehyung. I don't know how he only remembers his name but that fact made me believed him that one day he will regain his consciousness. I wonder if he will remember me later or not.

I went up to the window to see the rain disappearing through the window. I rubbed the glass for a better view and that is when he asked me a question that struck like a lightning.

"Why are you here?" He asked me looking with those eyes with curiousity. Even I asked myself this question several times. Why am I doing this? My job ended the moment I took him to Hospital. I should have perhaps stop at that time but for some reasons I couldn't.

"I don't know." That was the only thing I thought of. Taehyung stares me  for a few seconds and then turns away to sleep.

"Don't worry about anything, just sleep." He said.

"Eh?"

"Why?" He turns a bit towards me to ask and then returns back to sleeping position.

"Aren't you curious about me?"

"..."

"It must be a coincident that I got to save you twice, don't you think?"

".."

"Are you asleep?"

"..."

"I guess you are..." I said and then decided to talk to him in the morning. Once again I was in the couch of a hospital staring at the empty walls. (Not the same Hospital though)

"Since when did I started to care about a stranger?" I thought and dozed off soon after that.

°°°

Taehyung's POV

I turned away back to facing the wall. I pretended to sleep to avoid her questions. Sometimes I wonder about her motive. Till now she haven't showed her true colours yet or maybe this is the reality. I don't know and I don't want to believe if she is not what she is doing right now. It was true that she saved me twice because I believe her. Why would she be here with me? Why? We aren't even connected. She was just a passer-by who saved me from dying. Do passer-by helps you everything? Without any reason? I hate to believe that but this girl, she helped without knowing me.

She asked me if I was asleep as I pretended to sleep. Am I doing right by avoiding her questions? Should I talk to her? But I don't really have any reasons because someday she would be leaving me. She can't stay with me forever. She have her own life. Of course, she will leave and I.... I don't know what I would be doing. This hospital probably wouldn't keep me for free. One day, I have to leave this place no matter what. I wonder what I would be doing then.

The night was silent with darkness. I was now looking up at the ceiling. It didn't rain today. Everything felt dead right now. I looked over her to check if she's sleeping or not. She was sleeping facing my side. I watched he sleep for a while and a small smile was formed in my lips. Wait, why did I smiled at her just now? I don't have any reasons to do. For god sake, I'm really behaving weird this days. I wondered if my personality before memory loss was same or not. Was I this gullible enough to smile at a strange girl sleeping in the same room with a stranger? Now that reminds me, we spend at least three nights together with a break in between.

I was thinking about that when a sharp noise outside our room took my attention. It was midnight. I wondered who was in front of our room in the middle of the night?

I tried to sleep but once again I was interrupted by that same sharp noise. Who could be that? It can't be a mistake. Perhaps some nurse...

I tried to sleep again and this time, no sound came out as I was completely asleep. When I wokr up early next morning, I realised how late I actually woke. As a patient, it didn't matter when you wake up or not. Jisoo wasn't there in the couch. She probably went home.

I sighed as the door opened. I thought it was her but a nurse came in to check up my health. Her appearance was bit weird. She hid her eyes under her hair.

"How are you feeling sir?" She asked in a husky voice.

"Much better." I replied.

Something about this nurse caught me off guard. She wasn't looking at my eyes while talking. It wasn't also the same nurse who always came to check on me yesterday. Do nurses changes their duty overnight?

"Excuse me- I.." I was about to tell her something but that is when I noticed her eyes through hidden under her hair. It was red.

"Yeah?" She asked.

"No, it's fine."

"I hope so."

"Huh?"

"Get well soon....or maybe not." She said and then left.

What was that? She might have said that last three words softly but it was enough for me to hear. I was probably mistaken but why would she say that to a patient? She was surely suspicious. I couldn't do anything but stay wherever I was because of my condition.

After a while, the door opened again and this time, Kim Jisoo stood there with a huge smile on her face.

"How are you?" She asked sitting beside me.

"I guess, better than before." I replied.

"I wanted to ask you something."

"Yeah...?"

"Do you perhaps remember your address?" She said looking at me intently.

"Huh?"

"Ya, you remember your name. Im sure your home address would be a piece of cake."

"What are you doing?" I asked her back. I can't tell her that I lied about my name and  how I got it. I don't even know where if it's real or not. I can't believe that I actually trusted that grim reaper lady with the name. For now, I'm just using my name. She could have also lied me because that night was her last appearance.

"Hey?" Jisoo flicked my forehead as I was getting some deep thought.

"Ya!" I tried to flick her back but she reversed.

"No chance!" She smirked. Oh why does she do that? She kinda looks....cute?

"What are you thinking about?" She asked me.

"Do I have to tell you everything?"

"No but I do want to know you."

"Eh?"

I was curious about her sudden weird behaviour.

"Let's be friends, Kim Taehyung-shi." She said extending her right hand.

My eyes looked at her and followed to her hands. I grabed it and then shaked it.

"Let's be." I said.

I was alone in the darkness and she was that one light trying to brighten me. I guess I am not alone anymore.