chapter 23

"What is this place?" Miyeon exclaimed as Irene goes out of the car leaving her seated alone. Somehow she had that gut feeling whether she should follow her senior even though she's a detective herself. But seconds later, Miyeon stood beside Irene since she didn't wanted to disappoint her.

"Sunbaenim, I don't think we should go alone." Miyeon said looking around closely.

"It's alright. We are detectives, we-

Just then Irene's phone buzzed.

"Uh yes. Please come sooner as possible. It's a request." Irene said and  then kept her phone in her back pocket.

"Who was it?"

"Police head for. . We might need their help so I already called them on the way."

"I'm glad you did. But still.."

"Don't worry, we got the defence force in our back. Also we should be well prepared if any danger comes."

"I know but it's really dangerous to be alone. You know, from what I have heard thugs can be more dangerous than you think."

"Ever had a face off with goons?"

"Not really but why?"

"Because I used to fight people."

"You? Really?"

"Did you just talked informally to your senior?"

"Sorry."

"As long as you don't do the same thing to Lee sumbae, he won't get you away clear. Got it?"

"Yes, I understood."

Even though Irene sounded a bit strict with her, she didn't mind for she was her senior in the first place.

While the police force were on the way, Irene and Miyeon decided to  inspect the area. They already talked with the owner of the deserted land. According to him, those thugs were not just any normal thugs. Rumours were around that they takes contract from people who pays them well to take care of people who they weren't fond of. Also the locals said that they would often harassed them over loans and even hurt them to the point they are senseless. They were merciless and would never stay back when someone brave goes against them. They further mentioned how they had their connections with some upper party.

"It's really deserted." Irene said as they moved along the dry path. Even though they were there in the daytime, it was still scary enough to run alone.

"If they are really politically related would chief still let us take the case?" Miyeon asked.

"If they are criminals, we have to take them down, isn't it?"

"Yeah but..you know how chief.."

"That old fussy-"

"Omo!"

Miyeon was surprised by Irene's sudden confession.

"Sorry about that but it's not what you think."

"It's okay. Even I'm not fond of him."

"Really?"

"Yup. You keep surprising me tho." Miyeon smiled and then it slowly disppeared when her eyes focused at someone.

"What?"

Irene looks back. They finally found something similar they were looking for.

"A warehouse!?" Irene gasped looking straight at an abandoned building.

°°°

Meanwhile, Jisoo and her friends has just finished their class for the day.